Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am the owner of a new 2022 Hyundai Accent SE.

Overall, the car has been great. I do have one small issue - occasionally, both the trunk light and the TPMS low-pressure indicator light turn on. This has happened five times, each of which occured after spending time in heavy traffic going very slowly. In addition, when I tried opening the trunk after arriving, the key fob was unable to open the trunk, but the manual lever in the cabin worked.

I have verified that the trunk was closed and the tire pressure was correct. Originally it was 31-32 psi, so I raised it to 36 psi because of cold weather. The issue persisted, so I brought it to the dealer. They were unable to diagnose anything due to the intermittent nature of the issue, but I do have it documented.

Another thread by a 2022 owner was not resolved and a similar thread by an owner of an older car with a similar issue resulted in speculation of a bad ground. Is there anything else that I can practically do? I'd rather not work on it myself, but if all it is is a bad ground strap in an obvious location then I may be able to tighten it.

Thank you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone,

I am the owner of a new 2022 Hyundai Accent SE.

Overall, the car has been great. I do have one small issue - occasionally, both the trunk light and the TPMS low-pressure indicator light turn on. This has happened five times, each of which occured after spending time in heavy traffic going very slowly. In addition, when I tried opening the trunk after arriving, the key fob was unable to open the trunk, but the manual lever in the cabin worked.

I have verified that the trunk was closed and the tire pressure was correct. Originally it was 31-32 psi, so I raised it to 36 psi because of cold weather. The issue persisted, so I brought it to the dealer. They were unable to diagnose anything due to the intermittent nature of the issue, but I do have it documented.

Another thread by a 2022 owner was not resolved and a similar thread by an owner of an older car with a similar issue resulted in speculation of a bad ground. Is there anything else that I can practically do? I'd rather not work on it myself, but if all it is is a bad ground strap in an obvious location then I may be able to tighten it.

Thank you.
Hi mate,
I got the same problem on a 2022 accent bought a few weeks ago. The issue usually happens after a long day in the sun so the car is very hot inside. The lights go away after driving for about 10 min. Did you figure out what was going on with yours?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi mate,
I got the same problem on a 2022 accent bought a few weeks ago. The issue usually happens after a long day in the sun so the car is very hot inside. The lights go away after driving for about 10 min. Did you figure out what was going on with yours?
I never did. Dealer can't figure it out either since the car doesn't throw any codes. For me the problem just randomly stopped happening after a few times. I wonder if it's a design flaw.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all!!!! So I also have the exact same vehicle and have been having the exact same issue. I just got my car back today from the 2nd trip to the dealership for this issue and I was informed today that the issue should be fixed!!! There’s something in the fuse box about being in transport mode that your dealership needs to reset. I’ll let you know in a few weeks if I have anymore issues!!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hello all!!!! So I also have the exact same vehicle and have been having the exact same issue. I just got my car back today from the 2nd trip to the dealership for this issue and I was informed today that the issue should be fixed!!! There’s something in the fuse box about being in transport mode that your dealership needs to reset. I’ll let you know in a few weeks if I have anymore issues!!!!!
I really hope the solution is that simple. I've also been to the dealership twice and had no success. I'll see if I can look in to this. Please do report back any success or failure, as I have not had the problem come back for a few months now. Thanks for the reply!

Edit: supposedly there's a switch in the fuse box that can be switched on/off to toggle transport mode. I'll look tomorrow morning. It's possible that my dealer set the switch last time and didn't even think about it.

Edit 2: No switch, so it looks like I have to take it in. Seeing as the issue hasn't come back in a few months, the car may have just taken itself out of transport mode.

NicholeLynn, would you mind elaborating on what model and trim you have along with how old it is, and what issues you were having and how often they were appearing? Also, would you mind messaging me what dealer you went to so I can ask what they did to fix it? Thanks again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a '21 Rio, similar issue. I have found that while the trunk alert and tpms are activated, my interior lights also do not work. I suspect that is the same with yours, since you reported that your fob doesn't work.

I have found that I if I turn off the radio and the lights for a second, normal function is immediately restored. Try that, and let us know how it goes!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts