Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Hyundai Accent 2002 with about 134,000 mi (mostly hwy miles) I've taken fairly good care of it.

About a month ago I got an engine light indicating a few different things including pulse generator malf. and O2 sensor malf. I got the O2 sensor replaced and the car ran very well until the transmission completely died on the hwy, I limped my car in second gear to the local shop and got a full transmission overhaul (I wasn't even able to go into reverse when it happened)

Now I have been driving on this rebuilt transmission it seems to be functioning well except for two things: My acceleration seems slow when going up inclines even mild ones (with the a/c off). Meaning I can get my pedal to the floor and I still only gradually increase speed in third gear and then finally will move into fourth and give me the acceleration I need. Meanwhile as I was beginning to notice this issue I also noticed that my speedometer needle was sluggish in that it will give an accurate read but will "take its time" getting to the accurate speed and seems shakey while doing it. Odd huh?

My main question is, are these two problems related? Is there any way that the car's speedometer is relaying information about my speed to the engine to instruct it how to behave? If not do you have any ideas as to what could be going on with my car?

A few other details:
• I took the car back to the mechanic for the 2 week check and had two mechanics test drive my car. They said they didn't notice anything seriously distressing about the accel. and they also said that they checked the pulse generators when they put the new tranny in.
• I have not received any engine light indicators whatsoever since getting the tranny fixed.
• I recently replaced my fuel filter and my air filter and had new spark plugs put in and timing belt is relatively new.
• The car seems to idle fine and I don't detect any suspect engine noises.

Does anyone have any ideas about what this could be? I just put the fuel filter in and haven't had a chance to give it a proper test drive to see if that was the culprit. Any help will be much appreciated.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
1/2 page of text, and no codes posted ??

1 - 2 of 2 Posts