Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2013 Hyundai Azera limited. the Passenger side mirror tilts down normally when the shift knob is in reverse position. but, when I shift from Reverse to Drive, the mirror goes all the way up facing up(does not stop at ).. did any Azera drivers face this problem?

I tried putting the mirror selector in left and right positions. but did not help.
does anybody know what the reason is or how to fix it.

and I have progressive snapshot device that i installed to the diagnostic port. could this cause the problem?

Any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I follow most Azera posts on various forums and I don't remember reading anything like your problem. I think it's time to take it to the dealer it's a warranty item.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I own a 2013 Hyundai Azera limited. the Passenger side mirror tilts down normally when the shift knob is in reverse position. but, when I shift from Reverse to Drive, the mirror goes all the way up facing up(does not stop at ).. did any Azera drivers face this problem?

I tried putting the mirror selector in left and right positions. but did not help.
does anybody know what the reason is or how to fix it.

and I have progressive snapshot device that i installed to the diagnostic port. could this cause the problem?

Any help is much appreciated.
Ya need a new mirror assembly. I've fixed that issue before on other Hyundais.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I removed the snapshot device and the mirror worked fine.
is there any chance the snapshot to cause the malfunction?
there were other problems using the device as well like the device signals a hard break even when the gear is in park position. some time is beeps when I am not even applying the break.

may be i will give it a chance for a couple of days since i removed the snapshot today. and then go to the dealership if it still malfunctions.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Is there anyway to turn this "tilting mirror" in Reverse function OFF ?
I hate it, I use the side mirrors backing out of my curved driveway looking for kids, and al I can see is the driveway/grass.
I don't want them to tilt.

·
Registered
410 Posts
If you leave the toggle for adjusting the left/right mirrors in the middle the reverse 'tilting' function is turned off. Leave the toggle in either the left or right position turns the reverse 'tilting' function on.

That is the way it works in the Azera, anyway.

·
Registered
655 Posts
If you leave the toggle for adjusting the left/right mirrors in the middle the reverse 'tilting' function is turned off. Leave the toggle in either the left or right position turns the reverse 'tilting' function on.

That is the way it works in the Azera, anyway.
Nice !
I figured there's a way, I've had this car only a couple months and I only noticed them tilting recently
I must have played w that switch or the wifey
Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts