Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have a Hyundai Tuscan 4wd 2006 2.0 and my engine cut out while driving engine light on around 60mph so had to roll it to the side and try starting but it didn’t it turned over but after about 15 mins it started so drove home, got home and used a obd reader and showed CAMSHAFT SENSOR and CRANKSHAFT SENSOR

So next day started the car engine light gone off? But I have tracked and replaced the camshaft sensor but I cannot find the location of the CRANKSHAFT sensor any help would be appropriate

Many thanks

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Hi

I have a Hyundai Tuscan 4wd 2006 2.0 and my engine cut out while driving engine light on around 60mph so had to roll it to the side and try starting but it didn’t it turned over but after about 15 mins it started so drove home, got home and used a obd reader and showed CAMSHAFT SENSOR and CRANKSHAFT SENSOR

So next day started the car engine light gone off? But I have tracked and replaced the camshaft sensor but I cannot find the location of the CRANKSHAFT sensor any help would be appropriate

Many thanks
Check the attached photo/diagram for Crankshaft Position Sensor location.

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,601 Posts
Wrong engine, old boy.

Not your fault. The OP forgot to mention his engine is 2.0 diesel.
I was just wondering about that.
The pic looked more like my engine than it did a Tucson.
Which I thought the crank sensor was down closer to the front lower part of engine .. I could be wrong ... just wondering

First snow of the year that stuck to the ground.
All I can think of is why do I need to shovel my drive way??

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
2006 USA market Tucson come with 2.0L Beta.. Same for Canada I think

@Aubrey4444,, be nice to know which market we in (Location in profile to show in box under username)

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,099 Posts
I was just wondering about that.
The pic looked more like my engine than it did a Tucson.
The 1.8/2.0 petrol engine used in the Elantra is basically the same (beta) engine that's used in the Tucson.

The OP's engine is 2.0 CRDi and the crank sensor is located on the back of the block on that engine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello, i'm a new member and just wanted to chime in here. I'm looking to resolve the same (or similar issue). I will make a new post if anyone can verify that they are separate issues entirely.

My wife has a 2006 Tucson, appx 144k, 2l engine. It has been shutting off randomly while driving (loss of power to engine, all dash lights illuminate, no error code). The worst episode was it dying 3 times on a 3 mile trip. First guess was the CPS, was replaced with OEM part and issue still persists (installed prior to three time episode). Was told it could be fuel pump. Thoughts? We are in the US, NEPA.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,099 Posts
My wife has a 2006 Tucson, appx 144k, 2l engine. It has been shutting off randomly while driving....Thoughts?
Here's a simple test for you to do but you need to do it when the engine wont fire up.

Switch the ignition on and use a voltmeter/test light to check that there's 12 volts being supplied to the two fuses highlighted on the photo below. If there isn't any power being supplied to those fuse, the engine wont fire up.

Regards.
Scott.

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,601 Posts
If the engine stalls out and there is no dash lights
It could be because there is lack of power going to the electrical system (ECM)
Which would explain why there are no codes

When it happens you will need to stay calm and steady yourself to do the necessary tests
Look at Autosparks post about those two fuses
Turn ignition key to on and check for voltage
I am thinking that rodents may have eaten through a wire loom
Or something is rubbing and shorting out

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi AutoSpark,

I will try this out. We had been given a method to test for spark by our mechanic but, naturally, the car has started every time we have tried to do the diagnosis. It will fail while driving. Starting is usually not an issue. Nevertheless i will take a look and try to get it to not start.

Here's a simple test for you to do but you need to do it when the engine wont fire up.

Switch the ignition on and use a voltmeter/test light to check that there's 12 volts being supplied to the two fuses highlighted on the photo below.
aVisitor -- all of the interior dash lights illuminate, radio will stay on, no loss of electrical power on the interior.

Thanks for your quick replies already. I appreciate you taking the time to give me some input.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts