Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the Hybrid has a different front windshield from the non-hybrid Sonata? Looking at the prices online, the hybrid always seems to quote ~$100 more than the standard, but as far as I can see, they seem identical. Anyone have any experience?

Cheers,

Jay

·
Registered
111 Posts
I know this might be a little too late, but I happened to watch a video last night on the HSH and they happened to mention that the windshield on the hybrid model is actually shatter-proofed with a thin layer of material between two pieces of glass. They made it sound different that the other Sonata models, but who knows.\

Only other thing I can think of is wiper-warmers. Do all models come with them? Mine are integrated into the glass by the looks of it.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I know this might be a little too late, but I happened to watch a video last night on the HSH and they happened to mention that the windshield on the hybrid model is actually shatter-proofed with a thin layer of material between two pieces of glass. They made it sound different that the other Sonata models, but who knows.\

Only other thing I can think of is wiper-warmers. Do all models come with them? Mine are integrated into the glass by the looks of it.

All windshields since at least the 1950's (made in the USA) - and many since the 40's or 30's have laminated windshields - but usually not side and rear glass. That said, the HSH could be different, thinner, lighter, etc.

FWIW - shatter proof has variable meanings............ shatter resistant might be a better term... Like water proof and water resistant.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Call your dealer's parts department and ask for the replacement windshield part number for hsh and non hsh and there you go! Shattered! Oh and fwiw, ask them for a price and then have them quote you the PN. Easy button!

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
I called the parts dept about an airbag sensor part for my Santa Fe and along with giving me the part number the service advisor recommended getting the part online and I saved about $200 by doing that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts