Hyundai Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Sonata 2.0t Ltd & 2020 Palisade Ltd
618 Posts
According to the USA Hyundai website (2021 Hyundai Sonata Features & Specs | Hyundai USA) The 2021 Sonata with the 2.5L engine has both GDI and MPI. The site also says the 2.5L does not have CVVD.
I stand corrected on the GDI + MPI. Hyundai should update their press kits and manuals though, because it doesn’t say that. Also, that page you linked to just got updated, because I went to check it for the 2020 (before they started showing the 2021) and I know it said only GDI for that engine. I should have taken a screenshot... And yeah the 2.5L has CVVT, but not CVVD, which is what allows them to switch from Atkinson to Otto cycle on demand on the 1.6T.

The 1.6L T is still the considered the superior engine by offering constant torque over a wide range of RPM.

·
Registered
2020 Sonata Limited
78 Posts
The 1.6L T is still the considered the superior engine by offering constant torque over a wide range of RPM.
I think most, if not all, auto reviewers and critics rate engines with higher torque over a wide range as superior for most driving situations to engines that only deliver high torque at high rpm.

Also, that page you linked to just got updated, because I went to check it for the 2020 (before they started showing the 2021) and I know it said only GDI for that engine. I should have taken a screenshot...
I did a fairly extensive search to find what I considered to be an authoritative source for the characteristics of the engines in the 2020 Sonata and I was unable to find one that would provide information on the question of MPI in the 2.5L.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have to second the hybrid owner's choice; I am one, myself, after all. Loads of silent highway driving, gas-free city driving, and most importantly, much lower CO2 emissions. Especially given how the U.S. market, in particular, has turned away from cars and fuel efficient vehicles, there are certain to be good deals on a car that has served me, at least, extremely well over ~7000 miles of hard driving. Think of the environment, and enjoy the hybrid benefits, at the same time!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well it looks like I am going to have to go with the gas version, the only Hybrid Limited I could find in a 200 mile radius was a white with grey/tan interior which I do not want.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Chad I just bought my 2021 Sonata hybrid limited. I love it. I traded in my Prius 2016 Touring. While I was getting in warm weather 60 MPG, I am now averaging about 54 so far (I only have it 2 weeks). But the ride quality and with the Park Assist cameras it's absolutely great.
The reason you can't find one is because everyone else is looking too. My local dealer had to drive 60 miles RT to another dealer to get the metallic silver. Color is all taste. I wanted a light color because my white Prius never showed any dirt. I had Black cars in the past. They only look great when you wash them all the time.

Not to get political here. But if Biden wins, gas will become much more costly and you would then wish you searched harder for the Sonata hybrid Limited. I nearly bought the 2019 Sonata Hybrid limited with Plugin due to my future gas concerns. But the PHEV was dropped in 2020 and new sonatas have greatly changed. Inside and out!
I would suggest keep searching. And drive out of state to get one if you have to. Your local Hyundai dealer will honor all the amazing warranties.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Not to get political here. But if Biden wins, gas will become much more costly and you would then wish you searched harder for the Sonata hybrid Limited.
If you don’t want to get political, then don’t post this. Particularly since this social media conspiracy theory has already been debunked: Fact check: Shell gas price photographs not taken during Obama administration

Prices will go up because they cratered during the pandemic, regardless of who’s the president.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Why lease, especially if you dont drive much. Unless you can write it off on your business with a lease you are renting a car and making payments to sit in your driveway and in 3 years give it back with no equity.

The deal you quoted has you paying a total of $ 13,980 almost half the value of the $ 27,000 car and then giving it back with nothing to show for it. If you purchase it on a 72 month loan the payment will be about the same and even if you turn it over before paying it off you will probably have some equity in the car.
In 3 years the vehicle will have lost 50-60% of its value, either way you are out the 13,000-14,000. To really do it right (get your money's worth out of it) you have to keep the vehicle 10 years

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you don’t want to get political, then don’t post this. Particularly since this social media conspiracy theory has already been debunked: Fact check: Shell gas price photographs not taken during Obama administration

Prices will go up because they cratered during the pandemic, regardless of who’s the president.
Prices naturally fluctuate with supply and demand. But keep in mind the famous Arab embargo of the 70's which had the US on its knees due to our dependency on foreign oil. We are now energy independent.
With fracking now legal and the lifting of other Obama admins restrictions on oil searches and recovery lifted (i.e. Federal lands were not to be exploited for oil recovery) we now only have to worry about local supply and demand conditions.)
In NJ, Pre covid, we were paying about $3. Now our exposure to other country's oil management affects are significantly reduced. The Democrat platform during Obama admin's and today's "Green New Deal" will assure us of at least $5 gasoline within the first year of the democrats push to reduce dependence on fossil fuels. It will be costly.
Prepare for heavy federal taxes on fuels too.

So in my opinion...anyone looking to buy a new car pre election outcomes and with having with the uncertainty of a Biden win, I believe should consider a hybrid as opposed to a straight gasoline car.
If Republicans maintain control of the Presidency, it would be safe to buy whatever gasoline fueled big luxurious gas car that you might like.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Prices naturally fluctuate with supply and demand. But keep in mind the famous Arab embargo of the 70's which had the US on its knees due to our dependency on foreign oil. We are now energy independent.
With fracking now legal and the lifting of other Obama admins restrictions on oil searches and recovery lifted (i.e. Federal lands were not to be exploited for oil recovery) we now only have to worry about local supply and demand conditions.)
In NJ, Pre covid, we were paying about $3. Now our exposure to other country's oil management affects are significantly reduced. The Democrat platform during Obama admin's and today's "Green New Deal" will assure us of at least $5 gasoline within the first year of the democrats push to reduce dependence on fossil fuels. It will be costly.
Prepare for heavy federal taxes on fuels too.

So in my opinion...anyone looking to buy a new car pre election outcomes and with having with the uncertainty of a Biden win, I believe should consider a hybrid as opposed to a straight gasoline car.
If Republicans maintain control of the Presidency, it would be safe to buy whatever gasoline fueled big luxurious gas car that you might like.
You are making A LOT of assumptions here.

For one, the Green New Deal isn’t even a bill. It’s a set of proposals, which will not all be implemented at once, not be implemented at all, or be vastly changed before a bill is even drafted.

For second, while a rise in price is likely in that scenario, your $5 a gallon is completely made up. You have no way of knowing where it would end up, nor do you know about a potential increase in federal taxes on gas. You'd need to see draft legislation to even begin to estimate the impact on gas prices. $5 would be more than a 66% increase (even more than that after COVID), which is highly unlikely. Doom and gloom scenarios are not the reality.

We're nowhere near the point when hybrids are the only attractive option in this country and a Democrat administration isn't going to change that overnight.

·
Registered
17 Posts
All true on the assumptions. But there is no doubt that the war on fossil fuels can only make energy more expensive.

Another note: Many car makers are offering an EV model. Hopefully trying to follow the Tesla bandwagon. The bare truth is, Range Anxiety exists with all owners. Except the majority who can easily plug in at home.

Presently at an Interstate refueling station you might see 30 cars & trucks taking on gas at the same time. Think of all the millions of BTU's being transferred into the fuel tanks in 10 minutes for those 30 trucks and cars.
Now move on to the Green New Deal and find in 10 years for example, 30 trucks and cars taking on the BTU equivalents (In a half hour at best). I would think that the grid would collapse near that recharging station. How can the electrical supplier bring enough capacity to that one recharging station?

So the Tesla really is for local use. An will be so with the other EV car brands. So if in 5 years half the cars are EV, you wont be able to charge your car during heat waves because the AC load is using up all the grid capacity. (Which as you know is mostly sourced via fossil fuels anyway.)

So getting back to the original conversation about a hybrid or gas...I think that the Hybrid should be the choice with the uncertainty of future gas prices , if the Green New Deal has its way. And if Trumps energy policies should prevail, you wont make a mistake with the Sonata Hybrid that can drive from NJ to FL on only 2 tanks of gas.

And on a side note: My thinking is with Tesla soon facing so much EV competition...that in a few years Musk will have make a PHEV to save his brand.

·
Registered
618 Posts
All true on the assumptions. But there is no doubt that the war on fossil fuels can only make energy more expensive.

Another note: Many car makers are offering an EV model. Hopefully trying to follow the Tesla bandwagon. The bare truth is, Range Anxiety exists with all owners. Except the majority who can easily plug in at home.

Presently at an Interstate refueling station you might see 30 cars & trucks taking on gas at the same time. Think of all the millions of BTU's being transferred into the fuel tanks in 10 minutes for those 30 trucks and cars.
Now move on to the Green New Deal and find in 10 years for example, 30 trucks and cars taking on the BTU equivalents (In a half hour at best). I would think that the grid would collapse near that recharging station. How can the electrical supplier bring enough capacity to that one recharging station?

So the Tesla really is for local use. An will be so with the other EV car brands. So if in 5 years half the cars are EV, you wont be able to charge your car during heat waves because the AC load is using up all the grid capacity. (Which as you know is mostly sourced via fossil fuels anyway.)

So getting back to the original conversation about a hybrid or gas...I think that the Hybrid should be the choice with the uncertainty of future gas prices , if the Green New Deal has its way. And if Trumps energy policies should prevail, you wont make a mistake with the Sonata Hybrid that can drive from NJ to FL on only 2 tanks of gas.

And on a side note: My thinking is with Tesla soon facing so much EV competition...that in a few years Musk will have make a PHEV to save his brand.
I think you're projecting today's issues to a hypothetical tomorrow. You're looking at the electrical infrastructure of today and saying it can't cope with the demands of EVs in 10 years. But you're not accounting for the fact that the infrastructure can get upgraded in those 10 years as well. You have to compare tomorrow's EV population to tomorrow's electrical grid. Not to today's grid.

Which means any legislation geared at moving towards EVs also needs to include legislation to upgrade the infrastructure, which is already crumbling. A holistic approach is needed, rather than myopic. The same applies to other legislation along the same lines. Which is actually what the Green New Deal is, for the record. Although referring to it is meaningless since it's just a set of goals and proposals that has no bearing on reality. It's a wish list, for lack of a better term.

And to be clear: we do need to get off fossil fuels one way or the other. All other polluting/environmental considerations aside, it's a finite resource.

At any rate, I don't think EVs will represent half the cars in 5 years as you stated. Not by a long shot. 10 years maybe, but it could go either way.

To get back to the original point: we're getting non-hybrid cars with very good gas mileage these days. I don't think the hybrids have reached the point of "absolute need" yet, even in the event of legislation favoring EVs. Personally, I'm not ready to buy a hybrid or EV yet and whoever becomes president has zero bearing on that decision.

·
Registered
2020 Sonata Limited
78 Posts
I have owned two hybrids--a CMAX and a Camray and based on that experience I would certainly buy another one. In my experience the only downside is the added cost and whether it works out to be a good economic decision. My original interest in the 2020 Sonata was the hybrid but it was not available when I was in the market. When I did the math on additional cost to purchase vs the potential cost savings it quickly became clear that the hybrid was not the economic choice in light of the relative few miles I drive each year.

Each of us has different circumstances and preferences and that leads to different individuals making different choices I certainly don't see that a hybrid is the clear cut choice for everyone.

·
Registered
2020 Sonata Hybrid Blue
12 Posts
The cost difference to get the hybrid is $4,000. I didn’t really realize the price difference until after I purchased since I wasn’t considering buying anything not electrified.
It will take approximately 8-10 years to break even, a little less if you drive excessively (over 15k/mi yr) or if gas prices are higher like in CA or if they rise in the future. Toyota’s SUVs the hybrid option tends to be only $750-1500 up charge and recoup in like 3 years, but for whatever reason sedans across all manufacturers is higher. Although shockingly Toyota is actually lowering their prices for the Camry Hybrid for 2021.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The cost difference to get the hybrid is $4,000. I didn’t really realize the price difference until after I purchased since I wasn’t considering buying anything not electrified.
It will take approximately 8-10 years to break even, a little less if you drive excessively (over 15k/mi yr) or if gas prices are higher like in CA or if they rise in the future. Toyota’s SUVs the hybrid option tends to be only $750-1500 up charge and recoup in like 3 years, but for whatever reason sedans across all manufacturers is higher. Although shockingly Toyota is actually lowering their prices for the Camry Hybrid for 2021.
Its not so much the economic advantages of the hybrid. Its more like "can you get gas at any price due to unforeseen events? A Hurricane Sandy in the Northeast shut down gas stations, wrecked refineries in the gulf coast etc. So you were limited to 10 gallons and there was an absolute sell out of Jerry cans because people started to hoard.

Other events like: If a big war breaks out in the Mideast and the Arab oil refineries are set a blaze (by the for example the Saddam Hussein destruction's of wells and refineries in the mid east) America's oil independence wont save you from crazy prices/availability for gas. Because gas and oil is internationally traded. The US industry will sell their products to the highest bidders. So we will be doing massive exports of fossil fuels. You will get gas ,but very expensive. The hybrid will be loved then. And its resale value will skyrocket.

To rebuild the Power Grid to power the too many EV's is a very long time away. And even then, Solar and wind will still remain a tiny fraction of the electrical supply. Natural gas plants will predominate here. Because we have vast amounts of known gas and even more that has not been discovered because of Fracking. Which makes discovery/extraction much less costly. It will become the prime fuel to make electricity. Unless someone invents a practical Fusion reactor (The holy grail). Coal plants only on found where therre is no natural Gas available. They must be located near their customers. But if pipelines get to them will switch iver the gas. The problem with solar and winds is partly the cost of real estate for sun power. They to need to be near customers or transmission costs will destroy thier econmic base. Thye cant be to far from the Grid. Wind has almost the same problem Open spaces where lots of wind prevails, the good places are already being used due to their proximity to the grid. So it is only a partial solution to power the many EV's of the future. Another point is that EV's are only practical in suburbia. Imagine living in NYC up in a high-rise apartment with your Tesla underground in the garage? Other than home its very impractical to find charging resources.

The Green New Deal is hiding away the other facts: Such as commercial aviation. EV planes that can make a profit cant even be imagined. And the farmers? Can they run that big machinery off of batteries with a solar panel on the roof? The Fertilizers used commercially come from oil/gas. If we get off fossil fuels you will see world starvation and the end of synthetic fibers (polyesters that clothes the world). Four out of five footwear materials are no longer leather, Its all synthetics, derived from oil. Even many our medicines come for oil.

Fossil fuels and oil is used for so many other purposes is here to stay.
Unless you want to see massive hunger and an end to the cities with a rush to the countryside in order to survive on subsistence farming. Just like the beginning of the 20th century and before. A mostly agrarian society.

The point: An vantage of a hybrid is in the event of a grid failure or gasoline shortages, you will go 3 times further on a gallon of gas than without the Hybrid. It's also Insurance for the uncertainties that surely comes our way.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Its not so much the economic advantages of the hybrid. Its more like "can you get gas at any price due to unforeseen events? A Hurricane Sandy in the Northeast shut down gas stations, wrecked refineries in the gulf coast etc. So you were limited to 10 gallons and there was an absolute sell out of Jerry cans because people started to hoard.

Other events like: If a big war breaks out in the Mideast and the Arab oil refineries are set a blaze (by the for example the Saddam Hussein destruction's of wells and refineries in the mid east) America's oil independence wont save you from crazy prices/availability for gas. Because gas and oil is internationally traded. The US industry will sell their products to the highest bidders. So we will be doing massive exports of fossil fuels. You will get gas ,but very expensive. The hybrid will be loved then. And its resale value will skyrocket.

To rebuild the Power Grid to power the too many EV's is a very long time away. And even then, Solar and wind will still remain a tiny fraction of the electrical supply. Natural gas plants will predominate here. Because we have vast amounts of known gas and even more that has not been discovered because of Fracking. Which makes discovery/extraction much less costly. It will become the prime fuel to make electricity. Unless someone invents a practical Fusion reactor (The holy grail). Coal plants only on found where therre is no natural Gas available. They must be located near their customers. But if pipelines get to them will switch iver the gas. The problem with solar and winds is partly the cost of real estate for sun power. They to need to be near customers or transmission costs will destroy thier econmic base. Thye cant be to far from the Grid. Wind has almost the same problem Open spaces where lots of wind prevails, the good places are already being used due to their proximity to the grid. So it is only a partial solution to power the many EV's of the future. Another point is that EV's are only practical in suburbia. Imagine living in NYC up in a high-rise apartment with your Tesla underground in the garage? Other than home its very impractical to find charging resources.

The Green New Deal is hiding away the other facts: Such as commercial aviation. EV planes that can make a profit cant even be imagined. And the farmers? Can they run that big machinery off of batteries with a solar panel on the roof? The Fertilizers used commercially come from oil/gas. If we get off fossil fuels you will see world starvation and the end of synthetic fibers (polyesters that clothes the world). Four out of five footwear materials are no longer leather, Its all synthetics, derived from oil. Even many our medicines come for oil.

Fossil fuels and oil is used for so many other purposes is here to stay.
Unless you want to see massive hunger and an end to the cities with a rush to the countryside in order to survive on subsistence farming. Just like the beginning of the 20th century and before. A mostly agrarian society.

The point: An vantage of a hybrid is in the event of a grid failure or gasoline shortages, you will go 3 times further on a gallon of gas than without the Hybrid. It's also Insurance for the uncertainties that surely comes our way.
That’s complete nonsense. More doom and gloom like your earlier posts.

Reducing reliance on fossil fuels does not mean not using them at all. It is not all or nothing, as you describe.

Fossil fuels will still be used where needed and where there are no other solutions, such as planes, heavy equipment or materials. That doesn’t mean we should abandon efforts to reduce their use where options do exist. The fact that there’s no alternative to fuel-powered planes doesn’t invalidate the entirety of the concept of reducing reliance on fossil fuels.

As to renewable energy, there are wind farms in the North Sea and solar farms in the desert. Storing and transporting that energy is a solved problem. Renewable energy generation is growing faster than any other and there are many years to go before everyone has an EV, which gives time to improve energy generation and the grid. You seem to give up before even starting. What kind of reasoning is that?

These visions of massive hunger and agrarian society are complete, unhinged conspiracy theories. The fact of the matter is, we pollute and cars are one of the biggest sources of pollution. That’s a very good reason to work towards more EVs, even if you can’t have electrical planes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
That’s complete nonsense. More doom and gloom like your earlier posts.

Reducing reliance on fossil fuels does not mean not using them at all. It is not all or nothing, as you describe.

Fossil fuels will still be used where needed and where there are no other solutions, such as planes, heavy equipment or materials. That doesn’t mean we should abandon efforts to reduce their use where options do exist. The fact that there’s no alternative to fuel-powered planes doesn’t invalidate the entirety of the concept of reducing reliance on fossil fuels.

As to renewable energy, there are wind farms in the North Sea and solar farms in the desert. Storing and transporting that energy is a solved problem. Renewable energy generation is growing faster than any other and there are many years to go before everyone has an EV, which gives time to improve energy generation and the grid. You seem to give up before even starting. What kind of reasoning is that?

These visions of massive hunger and agrarian society are complete, unhinged conspiracy theories. The fact of the matter is, we pollute and cars are one of the biggest sources of pollution. That’s a very good reason to work towards more EVs, even if you can’t have electrical planes.
Without fossil fuels used for fuel, will end financial incentives to explore and extract it. So it will become very expensive. Hurting farmers and the cost of food.

How is a wind mill going to make Polyester that now clothes half the world? You cant have more sheep/cotton because the fields will be turned into Solar farms.
The wind mills and solar farms you write about would not exist if not subsidized. Their output per KWH costs are double of fossil fuels. Solar farms are idle at night and rainy or cloudy days.. Wind mills require much maintenance and are shut odwn during big storms. So a week of storms and rain will keep you in the dark. And after the Green New Deals shuts down all the fossil powered power plants all you can do is cry in your beer.

80% percent of the electric used to charge these EV cars is derived form fossil fuels. Electric utilities will not invest in expanding grid capcaity knowing that The Green New Deal will destroy their investments in plant construction.

Did you know that John D Rockefeller did more to save the whales than all the Green Peace activists combined in the world? Just connect the dots ff you can. Which I doubt you could figure out.

Economists all agree...if you want to find a yardstick that best measures "a standard of living" the amount of BTU consumption per capita best defines it. Countries poor in energy are very poor. Country's having lots of affordable energy are prosperous. Is that a Conspiracy theory too?

So California is burning. Do you now that all that carbon and ash produced there is 10 X more polluting than all the cars in the state? Green fanatics dont talk about carbon when it happens in nature. They just complain about pollution from a power plant whose making electricity by burning natural gas at a power plant.
The Green New Deal is the CONSPIRACY THEORY that you are talking about.
A bunch of oligarchs who want to control your life.

About 15 years ago Al Gore predicted that by 2010 NYC will lose 20% of its land as the rising waters from climate change will flood the coasts. Another moron! Never happened.
Obama? He was one of the founders of the defunct Chicago Climate Exchange (CCX). Predicted to become bigger than that the S&P by trading carbon credits. Many of the worlds big time Oligarks were al part of the corrrupt scheme.

And you are still drinking their Kool Aide!

·
Registered
618 Posts
Without fossil fuels used for fuel, will end financial incentives to explore and extract it. So it will become very expensive. Hurting farmers and the cost of food.

How is a wind mill going to make Polyester that now clothes half the world? You cant have more sheep/cotton because the fields will be turned into Solar farms.
The wind mills and solar farms you write about would not exist if not subsidized. Their output per KWH costs are double of fossil fuels. Solar farms are idle at night and rainy or cloudy days.. Wind mills require much maintenance and are shut odwn during big storms. So a week of storms and rain will keep you in the dark. And after the Green New Deals shuts down all the fossil powered power plants all you can do is cry in your beer.

80% percent of the electric used to charge these EV cars is derived form fossil fuels. Electric utilities will not invest in expanding grid capcaity knowing that The Green New Deal will destroy their investments in plant construction.

Did you know that John D Rockefeller did more to save the whales than all the Green Peace activists combined in the world? Just connect the dots ff you can. Which I doubt you could figure out.

Economists all agree...if you want to find a yardstick that best measures "a standard of living" the amount of BTU consumption per capita best defines it. Countries poor in energy are very poor. Country's having lots of affordable energy are prosperous. Is that a Conspiracy theory too?

So California is burning. Do you now that all that carbon and ash produced there is 10 X more polluting than all the cars in the state? Green fanatics dont talk about carbon when it happens in nature. They just complain about pollution from a power plant whose making electricity by burning natural gas at a power plant.
The Green New Deal is the CONSPIRACY THEORY that you are talking about.
A bunch of oligarchs who want to control your life.

About 15 years ago Al Gore predicted that by 2010 NYC will lose 20% of its land as the rising waters from climate change will flood the coasts. Another moron! Never happened.
Obama? He was one of the founders of the defunct Chicago Climate Exchange (CCX). Predicted to become bigger than that the S&P by trading carbon credits. Many of the worlds big time Oligarks were al part of the corrrupt scheme.

And you are still drinking their Kool Aide!
I'm not the brainwashed one, pal. You are. Climate change is real and happening. Water level is rising. In fact, that's a national security risk, as per the DoD and Pentagon: DoD Releases Report on Security Implications of Climate Change

There's no conspiracy here.

We get it, the Green New Deal is your boogeyman. You watch Fox News all day and you think climate change isn't real. I think we all know who drinks the Kool-Aid.

Your agenda is transparent. You keep talking about ending the use of fossil fuels. Nobody said that. We're talking reducing use, not getting rid of it. What part of that don't you understand? Nobody said it'll disappear overnight. It's pretty obvious it is required for many things. The Green New Deal doesn't want to "close all fossil fuel plants". That's nonsense from right-wing media that you swallow, hook and sinker. Exercise some common sense before believing everything you hear - it's obviously not possible to completely get rid of oil - nor is it what the Green New Deal is saying.

None of this means we shouldn't strive to find alternatives for it. EVs are one alternative out of many.

And of course, there are subsidies for renewable energy. There are for coal and oil as well! The current administration has done everything it can to prop up the coal industry, even though it is in decline and has been for years. That decline hasn't stopped despite lifting environmental restrictions.

As to oil, here's BP plan for renewable energy - they're increasing their commitments:
Here's what Shell is doing:
Here's what Total is doing:

Those are 3 of the 6 oil giants in the world.

And how about this:

What fantasy world do you live in where renewables are not needed? Which planet are you on where climate change isn't happening? Because recent headlines are hottest months on record, smallest ice cap ever recorded, and more...

What does the energy consumption of a household have to do with where the energy comes from? What do forests burning have to do with focusing on renewables? Does that somehow invalidate it in your twisted way of thinking?

It's painfully obvious you're the one who's brainwashed and believing in conspiracy theories. Once again, people like you are incapable of critical thinking. You're all the way against any environmental measures, to the point of calling the Green New Deal a conspiracy theory, while at the same time assuming that everyone on the other side is out to get rid of oil in all its form as soon as possible regardless of consequences. It shows that you live at the extreme of the opinion spectrum on this subject, which is never where reality lives.

The truth, as always, lies in the middle. As I've tried to explain to you: oil is still needed and isn't going to disappear, but climate change is still happening and we should still do what we can to reduce fossil fuel dependence. Why you can't agree with that simple statement is beyond belief.

This is turning into a climate change denial rant on your part, which is very far from the topic at hand in this thread, and, quite frankly, belongs on the crazy batshit right-wing websites. Go post this nonsense on 4chan, the gateway pundit, the daily caller, breitbart... pick your unhinged crazy website. Not here.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Its all fake news. The big oil companies are feeding you pablum. They don't want to be demonized so the tell Greenies they are shutting down wells and building wind mills.

The UN was just BUSTED for falsifying Climate facts.

Read about here:

·
Registered
618 Posts
Its all fake news. The big oil companies are feeding you pablum. They don't want to be demonized so the tell Greenies they are shutting down wells and building wind mills.

The UN was just BUSTED for falsifying Climate facts.

Read about here:
Are you stupid? You linked to a post by Craig Rucker, who links to a website runs by Marc Morano. Both are climate change deniers and known for peddling conspiracy theories. 2 seconds of Googling tells you that. You’re the one being fed fake news and you can’t even tell the difference because you live in an echo chamber of climate change denial news.

Why don’t you get your news from real news media with reputable investigative journalism departments instead of linking from fringe websites? It’s incredible how people like you have zero critical thinking skills. You’ll swallow any BS even though it directly contradicts what’s happening outside your window. You’re brainwashed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Are you stupid? You linked to a post by Craig Rucker, who links to a website runs by Marc Morano. Both are climate change deniers and known for peddling conspiracy theories. 2 seconds of Googling tells you that. You’re the one being fed fake news and you can’t even tell the difference because you live in an echo chamber of climate change denial news.

Why don’t you get your news from real news media with reputable investigative journalism departments instead of linking from fringe websites? It’s incredible how people like you have zero critical thinking skills. You’ll swallow any BS even though it directly contradicts what’s happening outside your window. You’re brainwashed.
News today saturday: Biden just promised if elected ,he wil install 500,000 staions all therough the US." Then he said he will raise Cafe rules, to make car companies produce electric EV's (Making car companies produce cars that the government wants and not what the people want! Sound to me like a Stalin ploy imitated by all dictator governments.).

Climate change is a hoax! You are the denier for sucking in the crap spoon feeding you by the UN and international Oligarchs. Promoting climate hysteria. How else could they CONTROL YOUR LIFE?
Biden will Tax the **** out of gas to force you into EV's.
"That why I bought a Hybrid. Its Insurance! I really wanted the Plug in Sonata Hybrid as best Insurance against expensive gas if Biden wins. . But Hyundai dropped the Plug IN in 2020 and the 2019 doesn't have Park Assist with its 360 cameras and more goodies.

BTW Eric: You lose the argument when you attack the messenger because you cant attack the message.
Stay with NBC and CNN and see how much less you can learn.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.