Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Just wanted to let people know what happen to me with my Sonata 2015 Hybrid. Not even 1 year old. 3 weeks ago i had system a Hybrid system warning shut down. first visit to dealer "we had never seen this before" they fixed it. 2nd visit " calibrated something". 10 days later 2 days before i get married and going on road trip. visit 3 you need new transmission. Wow just like that. Really its a new car.... Why havent they issue Recall or something....:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
My best guess is that it is only your car. Since the 2013 model year, we've not seen a lot of these types of complaints about the Sonata Hybrid. It is unfortunate that it happened to you but even the best manufacturers have issues that cause one car out of thousands to have issues in their first year. Perhaps a part was bad and quality control missed the issue in this one case, perhaps a loose screw fell in and went unnoticed when the car was being assembled that has caused issues.

You can always talk to Hyundai and let them know your frustration, it is possible they will note your issues and do something to make up for the problems you have -- I'm not hopeful about this but it does occasionally happen. You might also check into lemon laws in your state -- it is possible (depending on the state) that you can force Hyundai to buy the car back.

And don't take my tone to mean that I don't empathize with your issue or that you don't have a legitimate complaint. Just that thousands of these cars have been sold and you just, unfortunately, appear to have bought one of the few that develops major issues. Most of us have been quite happy with our YF Sonata Hybrids and had no major issues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts