Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 17 HSH, at 55k miles the hybrid system cooling pump went out, it was replaced under warranty. Today it went out again at 108k miles (yes I drive a lot). $1750 to replace it out of warranty. Has anyone else experienced this? You'd think the electric pump could be made to last longer than 50ish thousand miles...

·
Registered
432 Posts
Some of these things are starting to sound like MINI/BMW parts... So far that part has been good for pretty much <55K miles for you...

·
Registered
125 Posts
If I may ask, what were your codes and symptoms? Mines starting to go as well and I found a couple on eBay for $475.

·
Registered
289 Posts
What is the pump that sits on to of the transmission? When it goes the car shuts down. I understood it is an oil pump.
Now you are talking about a cooling pump. Are there any other pumps that used to be hydraulic but are now electric? Steering pump for one.
Ebay is a good choice. Sometimes the parts come from Korea.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Symptoms were CEL, check hybrid system warning on dash, ICE shut down, flashing warnings and beeping noise. You can move the car but not for long. It started doing this to me on cold starts, I could shut it down and try again and after a few tries it would start normally and run fine all day. Then one day it just wouldn't start up normally, so Hyundai towed it to the dealership.
According to the dealer two codes were stored, P261F00 and P0A0F.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Yes I think it is the oil pump that sits on top the transmission. $400-$500. I had one changed on a 2012 while under guarantee.
The mechanic at the dealer believed it to be the cause. He wasn't that sure, but Hyundai gave him the go ahead,
and all went well.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Those codes are the engine failed to start and the coolant pump 'a' control circuit stuck on. However, I haven't seen a code p261f that ends in 00. Mine has the same codes but does not have 00 at the end.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts