Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had to replace a battery after 35,00 miles? Had an issue with the USB port after plugging in a phone to charge the radio stopped operating and he battery 3 days later needed to be replaced. Dealership said it is because I don't drive more than a few miles a day& THE CHARGE KILLED THE BATTERY ( NO iT WASNT LEFT IN) .

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Has anyone had to replace a battery after 35,00 miles? Had an issue with the USB port after plugging in a phone to charge the radio stopped operating and he battery 3 days later needed to be replaced. Dealership said it is because I don't drive more than a few miles a day& THE CHARGE KILLED THE BATTERY ( NO iT WASNT LEFT IN) .
I found that the battery will not hold a charge unless you do the slow overnight charge. The Hyundai Sonata Hybrid (HSH) wouldn't hold a charge after a jump start and driving 10 miles as it was dead the next morning. .:mad:

http://www.hyundai-forums.com/229-sonata-yf-hybrid/141839-dead-12v-battery-less-than-1-yr-old.html We now have 33k miles on the original battery.

·
Registered
118 Posts
The battery issue is across the line. I had battery problems with my 2012 Sonata turbo as well and had to head to work in the morning only to have the car not start. I noticed that the battery warning appears on the dash for the hybrid rather quickly as well but this should be a factory replacement and at no cost to you.

I think the Hyundai batteries from factory are just **** imho.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Same problem with 2012 Sonata turbo. The batteries are just garbage from factory. This should be a free replacement and at no cost to you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts