Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had some electrical storms here a couple nites ago - got into the car - my mpg had reset frm 35 to 28 mpg - clock was off by hours - went to get into the car today and the doors wont unlock either with the button on the door handle or with the remote key - having it towed to the dealer - anyone know if this going to be a reoccurring problem for me??

·
22,787 Posts
Interesting. I'm anxious to see the posts on this one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well had nothing to do with the storms - it was a loose fuse - turns out when a new car is shipped they put a clip on the fuses to pull them out so the battery doesn't drain - the clip is suppose to be removed - ours must have arrived on a fri afternoon or something because the clip had simply been pulled out not removed and with the driving ( only have 3500 miles on it ) the clip must have vibrated and pulled the fuses loose. clip removed - problem solved - just happened to come loose same time as the electrical storms passed thru the area.
Learned two more things
1)didn't realize there is a manual key in the key fob - must have bought the car on a Friday afternoon too )))) - and
2)there is a slot inside the lower part of the armrest to insert the fob if its not starting with the button.
when the car was towed to the dealer the dealer simply unlocked the door manually and when it didn't start - put the fob into that arm rest slot - fired right up. dang NOOBS eh ???

·
22,787 Posts
Thanks for posting this. Welcome to the club. We can all relate to something we've done in our past and did that famous palm slap to the forehead!

I know we should all read our owner's manuals. Rarely do most do this. I've read mine twice. Each time, I learn something I had forgotten.

Hint for salesmen out there reading this: How about a little better pre-delivery instructions to your customers instead of running back into the office to count your commissions?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts