Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've Hyundai Accent 2000. I want to tune up myself. Anyone can help me how to find tutorial how to tune up my Hyundai Accent ? Usually I only clean the spark and replace the air filter. The performance increase 50%. But I want to know advance tuning, like how to clean the 02 sensor or something else... I don't know exactly where's the Oxygen Sensor in my hyundai accent

Anyway, thanks for reading my posting :p

·
Registered
19 Posts
Originally posted by mystonegate@Sep 21 2004, 07:53 PM
I've Hyundai Accent 2000. I want to tune up  myself. Anyone can help me how to find tutorial how to  tune up my Hyundai Accent ? Usually I only clean the spark and replace the air filter. The performance increase 50%. But I want to know advance tuning, like how to clean the 02 sensor or something else... I don't know exactly where's the Oxygen Sensor in my hyundai accent

Anyway, thanks for reading my posting  :p
[snapback]1290[/snapback]​

Hi, I'm also interested in learning some tunning stuff. I'm getting this book i've heard a lot about: 'Hyundai Coupes and Sedans, 1994-98 (Chilton's Total Car Care Series)'. Look for it in amazon, and if you happen to find some tutorial or extra info, let me know.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Originally posted by javierrpaiva@Sep 30 2004, 12:09 PM
Hi, I'm also interested in learning some tunning stuff. I'm getting this book i've heard a lot about: 'Hyundai Coupes and Sedans, 1994-98 (Chilton's Total Car Care Series)'. Look for it in amazon, and if you happen to find some tutorial or extra info, let me know.
[snapback]1373[/snapback]​

The book you are talking about is this one:
----------------------------
ISBN 0-8019-8953-1
AUTHOR: Chilton
TITLE: Hyundai Coupes / Sedans 1994-1998 Repair Manual
COVERS: U.S and Canadian models of Hyundai Accent, Elantra, Excel, Scoupe, Sonata and Tiburon
(NOTE: I know the Tiburon is called the "Coupe" in the UK - so other names may be different, but the Accent is the same)
CONTAINS: General Information; Routine Maintenance & Tune-Up; Engine & Engine Overhaul; Driveability & Emmission Controls; Trouble Codes & Diagnostics; Fuel Systems; Chassis Electrical; Drive Train; Suspension and Steering; Brakes; Body
COST: Cost me £20 on eBay including postage, which is approx €28.
---------------------------

As far as advanced tuning goes, you will probably need to purchase some engine modifications to improove engine BHP such as an Induction Kit (also known as a "Cold Air Intake" kit) and the highly recommended Ecotek valve (http://www.ecotekplc.com). Other engine modifications are hard to come by for the Hyundai Accent as it isn't a popular car to modify / tune (yet!)

·
Registered
51 Posts
From what I've seen, that ecotec thing is a complete fraud. But that's just my opinion.

As for performance parts for your accent, there actually are quite a few out there. Cams, pulleys, big bore throttle bodies, coilovers, strut bars, short shifters, body kits, turbo kits, brake kits, clutches... Heck, just about everything you could ever want. I posted a list of links in another post somewhere, do a search and you should find it.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Well - as for the Ecotek valve - I know a guy who works at a garage and has fitted a few of them and the customers have all been pleased with the results - you wont get a drastic improovement in performance & fuel economy, but apparently it's worth it.

And what I said about the other mods being hard to come by - I meant it's hard to find the places that sell them.

I'm going to compile a list of companies on my website (www.soulaccent.com) - I'd like to get a good list of useful websites / companies - then it'll be a lot easier than hunting around for old posts & stuff coz all the info will be in one place - what do you guys reckon?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sounds like a good idea to have all of the sites compiled in one location. Would definitely make things easier, although the only way anyone would see them if they were to go to your site. A lot of people may not even realize that your sig is a link to your site. Just a thought. I'll take a look around later and see if I can come up with any more sites for you list.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts