Hyundai Forums banner

Huyndai Ssntafe 2.2CRDI 2013

5K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  freds 
#1 ·
Hi guys looking to locate crankshaft sensor on my Santafe 2013 2.2CRDI.

#4 ·
Please help as my Santafe 2.2CRDI has dufficulty starting up cranks nearly 15 seconds before starting replaced injection pump,electronic fuel pump, crank sensor, regulator valve on rail. Did not replace pressure sensor on rail could this be the problem and how do I test the pressure sensor?

#5 ·
replaced injection pump,electronic fuel pump, crank sensor, regulator valve on rail...how do I test the pressure sensor?
You threw all those parts at it before you checked the output from the pressure sensor? Are you nuts??

The symptoms you describe are often the result of a fuel leak. On a CRDi engine the ECU wont start to inject fuel into the cylinders until a specific pressure has built up in the rail. When there is a leak (usually a faulty injector) the fuel will leak out of the fuel rail almost as fast as the high pressure pump can put it in, so it takes much longer than normal for the pressure in the rail to reach that specific value required for fuel to be injected, which causes long crank before start like your experiencing. To confirm your dealing with a fuel pressure issue you should connect a voltmeter to the rail pressure sensor signal wire and monitor the voltage when you try to start the engine.

The fuel pressure sensor is fitted to the end of the fuel rail, and has a 3 wire connector. You need to use a pin/needle to back probe the centre wire on the sensor connector so you can measure the voltage on the signal terminal with the sensor connected. Connect the black voltmeter probe to a good ground and connect the red probe to the pin. Switch the ignition on and confirm you have 0.5V on the meter. Now crank the engine while monitoring the voltage. The voltage needs to be 1.0V or greater before the engine will start. It should reach that value within a second or two. If it takes several seconds for the voltage to rise that high that is usually because fuel is leaking out of the rail. If that's the result of the test on your engine an injector leakoff test would be the next step. As I said earlier, the most common cause of these symptoms is a leaking fuel injector.

BACK PROBING PRESSURE SENSOR SIGNAL TERMINAL...

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.