Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fuel and heat gauge not working what should i do???? isit a fuse or what???

·
Registered
13,033 Posts
Scottie (that's me, by the way) would just check ALL the fuses, then he wouldn't need to know which specific fuse is for the instruments.
Switch the ignition on and probe the test points on top of each fuse with your voltmeter. If you find a fuse with 12V on one side but something significantly different on the other that fuse is blown and should be replaced. Testing ALL the fuses with a voltmeter is quick & eezi (see what I did there :D)

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Thats providing all the fuses are located in the one fuse box. Off topic but I found a Toyota Corolla with a fuse box behind the glove box.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Scottie, you need one lead on ground to get those voltages in your graphic...otherwise, measure across, if there's 12V then it's blown.

·
Registered
13,033 Posts
Thats providing all the fuses are located in the one fuse box. Off topic but I found a Toyota Corolla with a fuse box behind the glove box.
Why? What difference does it make where on the car the fuses are located? Are the fuses on a fusebox located behind a glove box somehow different to other fuses?

Scottie, you need one lead on ground to get those voltages in your graphic...otherwise, measure across, if there's 12V then it's blown.
The red arrows on the graphic represent red meter probe. The black one should be connected to ground. I thought that was obvious.
AFAIK everyone who I've advise using that graphic has understood what it meant. At least nobody has come back and said they didn't get 12V on their fuses, so I'm guessing everyone got it.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
The red arrows on the graphic represent red meter probe. The black one should be connected to ground. I thought that was obvious.
So you are assuming someone should use ground, and know what a good ground to use is? I saw where the graphic came from, and it does need better explanation. What's obvious to you is not necessarily obvious to someone else.
Look at the top example: if you put the leads on either test point of that fuse and read 12V it is BAD!

·
Registered
13,033 Posts
You had to know they were there. No handbook and no manual meant research.
If someone can't even find where the fuses are on their car I think testing them with a voltmeter is probably beyond them anyway.

I saw where the graphic came from and it does need better explanation.
Sorry you don't like my graphic, old boy. But please feel free to draw a better one that makes it more obvious and I'll happily use your graphic in future.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts