Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I hate to start up another thread about squeaks, noises or any other problems. But I just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced the same noises I am hearing. For some reason every time I turn on the Defrost or Air condition I hear this weird humming sound. Then when you start to drive the sound gets a bit louder before it goes away, only to return when stopped again.

Has anyone noticed this, or is this something I should check into. At first I thought it was a pump or something.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just posted a similar question....

I noticed a humming noise from my 2010 Santa Fe AWD as well. However, I hear the noise when the defrost is off and only when I accelerate. When I apply the brake and slow down or stop, the humming noise stops all together.

I guess we are kinda having the opposite problem since you seem to hear your humming when you stop, but maybe the humming is coming from the same source?

If anyone has any thoughts, it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
maybe a good <strike>song on the radio</strike>? nevermind...

sorry, mine doesn't do that, but, to be fair, i haven't had to use mine yet, it's in the garage while at home. i'll keep an ear out for it when i use it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ever since the temperature has dipped to freezing, i noticed the humming too. I plan on bringing it to the dealership when I get a free chance to see what they think.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mine is doing it too. It's only when it's on defrost. I can switch to the front or leg vents and the sound goes away. It comes right back as soon as I switch back to defrost. I wouldn't quite call it a hum in my case, it's more of a swooshing sound. It is quite annoying though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts