Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since new, I've noticed the factory Kumho tires tend to hum/make a hollow noise on certain road surfaces. Tire pressure is always set to spec.

Anybody else notice the same thing?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Most original Kuhmo tires suck big time.

Many better alternatives. Check Tire Rack, CR, etc ratings.

I personally love the Cooper CS5 Ultras - have them on 2 distinctly different cars, not in my signature.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Since new, I've noticed the factory Kumho tires tend to hum/make a hollow noise on certain road surfaces. Tire pressure is always set to spec.

Anybody else notice the same thing?
I've had my Elantra almost two years and have had this exact same issue. I always thought it was my mind, but at least now I know I'm not crazy. I plan to change them to something better later this year.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
On certain road surfaces, ha, try I-39 south of Wausau, WI, highway department was playing with all kinds of different road surface and even can get music off of some of them, regardless of your tires.

Another area is on county roads before a stop sign, cut deep grooves in the road, enough to wake up the dead and swear your front end is falling off.

But do agree, different brands of tires produce different kinds of noise, some people swore by Continentals, I swore at them, but also have different grades from the same manufacturer.

Have to say the Nexen"s that came on my Limited are on the quiet side, but sure not on that section of I-39, also the bottom of the barrel, for about ten bucks more, could have received a worthless thread wear warranty. Have to say their ice traction is excellent.

Did try many different brands, Goodyear Assurance were quiet with superior ice traction, but that was a couple of years ago, can be different today.

·
Registered
80 Posts
My Elantra makes crazy sounds on concrete roads with grooves going the direction of the lanes. It happened with my Nexen and still does it on my Bridgestone Turenza Serenity's. It still also has a good bit of waggle on this road type.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts