Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is 10 degrees now (-12 C). I softly engaged the clutch and noticed the car wasn't moving. I tapped on the gas lightly and the car was trying to move, but couldn't. I finally gave it a lot of gas and there was a huge POP sound. When I park my car, I leave e-brake engaged.

Are brakes suppose to stick that bad in cold weather? The Pop sounded like a .45 Pistol!!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Yeah frozen brakes can be pretty noisy when they pop free.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Mine has been doing this for quite awhile now. If parked overnight, E-brake engaged, there's a pop sound that sounds like the E-brake is stuck.

·
Registered
911 Posts
My E did this when new and still does sometimes when it rains. The more I use the hand brake the less it happens.

On my car it seems to be the rear brakes sticking.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am considering winter tires but I was wondering if I could get away with only buying 2 for the front since it is a front wheel drive car.

Lack of traction when I step on gas is my chief complaint. I drive appropriate for the conditions. Any thoughts if I can get away with this? Or is this WAY too unsafe?

·
Registered
639 Posts
I am considering winter tires but I was wondering if I could get away with only buying 2 for the front since it is a front wheel drive car.

Lack of traction when I step on gas is my chief complaint. I drive appropriate for the conditions. Any thoughts if I can get away with this? Or is this WAY too unsafe?
I'd say 4 to be truly safe, but plenty on the topic of tires and winter here:
http://www.hyundai-forums.com/231-m...2013-elantra-hankook-tires-horrible-snow.html

1 - 10 of 10 Posts