Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everybody- Looking for a little guidance
I've had my HSD coilovers installed for a couple of months and absolutely love them. They Handle like nothing else on the road. Made even V6 mustangs slow down around corners lol but not a fan of the bouncy rear. The front springs are 8K and the rears 6k with the dampening at 5 from stiff in front and back. (16 settings) Was thinking about upgrading my springs rates to 10k in the front and 8k in the rear with swift springs. Thinking this will reduce the bounce and allow me to keep the dampers at a softer setting. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
What's your setup?
What's size your rims & tires + how many inch you drop.
My doesn't bounce at all, I think you need some weight in trunk like full size spare tire.

·
Registered
279 Posts
My HSD coils bounce horrible. I'm running 225 40 18. Drop is almost flush with wheel well. I need to do something, the ride is horrible

·
Banned
234 Posts
Mine ride like crap as well. Its due to the lack of preload on the springs. But some of us want so much low that preload isnt an options lol. Stiffer springs will help this situation.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I think improper setting, I did low shock 1" down from housing bracket so shock have more room to work and damper 2 click left to max.

·
Registered
911 Posts
If the struts and shocks can't handle the designed spring rates the problem should only get worse with higher spring rates.

I also know from experience if the rear shock height and rate or the front pre-load and rate is not set correctly the suspension will bounce. If the parts are not worn out its usually installer error.

Check the front pre-load and especially the rear shock height before installing higher spring rates.

And if you slammed the car further than design by removing the locking perches nothing is going to help.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What's your setup?
What's size your rims & tires + how many inch you drop.
My doesn't bounce at all, I think you need some weight in trunk like full size spare tire.
I'm running the stock 16inch tires because of the snow and about a 2 inch drop. Though I added a spare tire to the trunk morning it made a big difference. Thanks for the tip Loucieman!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My HSD coils bounce horrible. I'm running 225 40 18. Drop is almost flush with wheel well. I need to do something, the ride is horrible
Hey Petie1881 and cokedrinker mines used to be really super! bouncy but now its just the rear. The fronts are just about perfect. After some research I found out that having no pre-load is definitely the way to go and the fronts are perfect.

For the rears I'll probably go ahead and replace mounts that come with the kit with the stock top pillow mounts to give the shocks more room. (Once it gets warmer lol) but the spare tire trick the trunk louiceman suggested definitely helped.

I would try these steps above and put everything at full soft as a baseline. Hopefully all this info will help you guys. Took me 3 months of research and testing lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If the struts and shocks can't handle the designed spring rates the problem should only get worse with higher spring rates.

I also know from experience if the rear shock height and rate or the front pre-load and rate is not set correctly the suspension will bounce. If the parts are not worn out its usually installer error.

Check the front pre-load and especially the rear shock height before installing higher spring rates.

And if you slammed the car further than design by removing the locking perches nothing is going to help.
Definitely good a point. After some more research and reading the coilover bible lol (here's a link Pirate4x4.Com - The largest off roading and 4x4 website in the world.) I may end up going to 7kg front and 5kg in the rear

1 - 10 of 10 Posts