Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got around to opening my packages from Korea and found these beauties inside. Everything looks to be in perfect shape with quality build, starting the installation process tomorrow morning. Will let you guys know how it goes!

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
78 Posts
Awesome stuff. I wonder how well those'll handle the winter up here. The way the roads are up here, I may have to replace my suspension parts soon.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Coilovers and both sway bars are in! I won’t be able to fully test it until the new tires and alignment are done tomorrow, but I can already tell the difference on the short drive home. The dampers are at full soft and height adjustment won’t be made until after 100 mile break-in period, but currently, it rides just as comfortable as it did with stock springs.

Here is the stock sway bars so you can see how thin it was, especially the rear.

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I'm having difficulty wrapping my head around just how awesome the car is now. With the Pilot Sport A/S tires on, the vehicle feels like it is glued to the asphalt and handles corners so smoothly, the difference is night and day. The car feels extremely balanced and responsive, I'm simply blown away and cannot recommend these parts enough.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Bravo! We're living vicariously through you :)

Hope you get some dynos in after you've settled down on performance mods, curious what's the gains from the changes you've made so far.

I'm having difficulty wrapping my head around just how awesome the car is now. With the Pilot Sport A/S tires on, the vehicle feels like it is glued to the asphalt and handles corners so smoothly, the difference is night and day. The car feels extremely balanced and responsive, I'm simply blown away and cannot recommend these parts enough.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bravo! We're living vicariously through you :)

Hope you get some dynos in after you've settled down on performance mods, curious what's the gains from the changes you've made so far.
Glad to hear you are enjoying the posts. Once my Tork Pipe and Downpipe arrives and installed hopefully this weekend, I'll definitely hit up a dyno to share with you guys.

I had a chance to break-in the coilovers over the weekend and it feels like it is ready to fine adjustments. It rides bouncy at the moment due to dampers set at full soft, but I plan on setting it in the middle and lower the ride until I can stick just one finger between the tire and fender. Then, go get my final alignment and should be all set!

Reactions: Ray604

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update regarding the coilovers. Turns out the springs on the coilovers were too high for the vehicle, which limited height adjustment below two finger gap. Due to this, HSD and SharkRacing are sending 175mm springs to replace the 200mm springs with, so I will have to wait until it arrives to properly lowered the vehicle. Probability won't arrive from Korea for few weeks, which I'm not too thrilled about but at least they are taking care of the problem promptly.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shark Racing + HSD finally sent over the new, shorter springs for front coilovers. I was expecting both front and rear springs but HSD claims rear will be fine, so I’ll find out soon enough.

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Finally swapped out the coilover springs that HSD/Shark Racing shipped over. Aimed to have 1 finger gap all around and I’m very happy with the results.

Bonus picture of the noise suppression molding around the doors.

Attachments

Reactions: Ray604

·
Registered
44 Posts
That looks like the perfect drop height with the stock wheels. Seeing the red moldings in your picture has convinced me to go with that color once I'm ready to order!

By the way, I finally drove across the border and picked up the intake yesterday. Looks to be in great shape, excited to swap it out later once it warms up a bit over here (we got a bit of snow finally and fluctuating at freezing temps). Thanks again!

Finally swapped out the coilover springs that HSD/Shark Racing shipped over. Aimed to have 1 finger gap all around and I’m very happy with the results.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hate to hijack your thread but I'm having the hardest time figuring out if these (https://geckoracingusa.com/products/g-street-coilover-for-17-up-hyundai-i30-elantra-gt) coilovers are the correct ones for the GT Sport. I've emailed customer service and they are of no help. I know the non-sport version has a torsion beam rear suspension rather than the multi-link. But are the actual suspension components different?

Really appreciate any help I can get. There are lots of pics in the link I posted.

Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hate to hijack your thread but I'm having the hardest time figuring out if these (https://geckoracingusa.com/products/g-street-coilover-for-17-up-hyundai-i30-elantra-gt) coilovers are the correct ones for the GT Sport. I've emailed customer service and they are of no help. I know the non-sport version has a torsion beam rear suspension rather than the multi-link. But are the actual suspension components different?

Really appreciate any help I can get. There are lots of pics in the link I posted.

Thanks.
You can disregard my post as I have finally found the answer I was looking for. Decided to just email Shark Racing and here was his reply:

Shark Racing Orders <[email protected]>
Mon 8/13/2018, 9:32 PM
You're asking if there is a difference between coilovers for the Elantra GT and Elantra GT Sport, right? If so, there is no difference. There is a difference between Elantra sedan and Elantra Sport versions.

·
Registered
7 Posts

How are the coilovers holding up? I'm looking to buy them soon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts