Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So..you guys lucky enough to be driving the new i10..how's it going so far? Is it living up to expectation? How's the economy? It's it really bigger and more comfortable..we are dying to know!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Still waiting for my build date, ordered a premium on 7th Jan, and still waiting, there's only one person driving one and that's doobs .

·
Registered
182 Posts
Guess we need an update from Doobs then! Over to you..
Although I have posted quite a bit, my missus actually drives it almost all the time, so I have not had much time to experience it! First impressions are good though, seems better built, more comfortable, 3 cylinder seems pretty refined. Bluetooth seems more flexible, stereo possibly a little better and it has a hard drive. Boot needs a firm push to close (despite adjustment) and trip computer saying average consumption 37mpg (around town) at present - hoping that improves shortly as it should be better than my old 1.2 Active. Have not experienced hill start but she has. It still got that "new car" smell as well!

·
Registered
315 Posts
I had the original i10 on an '08 plate (a comfort 1.1 engine) and replaced it on launch day with an SE 1.0 3 pot manual. They could have given it a totally new name to be honest they're that chalk and cheese. I know the 1.2 engine is retained and my 1.0 3 pot is from the Picanto (although both are tweaked) but absolutely everything else is changed for the better. It really does ride like a much bigger car (despite actually being lighter) with no squeaks from the suspension over speed bumps at your local supermarket, the gear shift is slick and positive and makes it a joy to work the box.
Everything just feels grown up in comparison. The only slight negatives I can find are the lack of clips behind the sun visor for holding the wifes Blue parking permit (why on earth they lost those I have no idea) and the lack of storage under the passenger seat and the seat backs. The brakes were a lot sharper initially but I've either got used to them or they've lost a bit of feathering on the pads? I love the fact that I can stick a USB stick in the music center (the old 1.1 didn't have a USB input) and control everything from the radio controls.

Edit :- oh, and it's MUCH quieter which makes the drive to work an actual pleasure. I've not put much mileage on it yet mind due to a bad chest infection but a very worthy successor.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I had the original i10 on an '08 plate (a comfort 1.1 engine) and replaced it on launch day with an SE 1.0 3 pot manual. They could have given it a totally new name to be honest they're that chalk and cheese. I know the 1.2 engine is retained and my 1.0 3 pot is from the Picanto (although both are tweaked) but absolutely everything else is changed for the better. It really does ride like a much bigger car (despite actually being lighter) with no squeaks from the suspension over speed bumps at your local supermarket, the gear shift is slick and positive and makes it a joy to work the box.
Everything just feels grown up in comparison. The only slight negatives I can find are the lack of clips behind the sun visor for holding the wifes Blue parking permit (why on earth they lost those I have no idea) and the lack of storage under the passenger seat and the seat backs. The brakes were a lot sharper initially but I've either got used to them or they've lost a bit of feathering on the pads? I love the fact that I can stick a USB stick in the music center (the old 1.1 didn't have a USB input) and control everything from the radio controls.

Edit :- oh, and it's MUCH quieter which makes the drive to work an actual pleasure. I've not put much mileage on it yet mind due to a bad chest infection but a very worthy successor.
agreed - that pretty much sums it up - the best compliment I can pay it, is that is has now gone from a "go kart - with the fun that can bring!" to driving like a civilised car - it now drives and feels more like my i20 - which always felt like a car to drive from day one

1 - 6 of 6 Posts