Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Speedometer Odometer Trip computer Gauge Steering part

Got my rear brakes(pads and rotors) replaced on Thursday. These lights popped up on the way home awhile ago. Car is also giving a light jerk when coming off the accelerator now. Any advice as I'm starting to panic.

The car is a 2012 i40 btw.

· Registered
2011 Santa Fe 3.5L
74 Posts
Maybe not disconnected....maybe the mechanic damaged the wheel speed sensor or associated harnesses....should be quick to check for integrity of the wheel speed sensor and its harness....

Yes, if everything looks ok, then definitely check to see what codes are being thrown....

· Registered
812 Posts
Go back to the shop, and have them look at it

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So just an update. On Monday I brought it back to the mechanic and he done a diagnostic + inpection. The wheel speed sensors seem to be fine. Battery is at 70% and that could be causing the codes. If the the lights come back on I'll go back again.

Thanks for the help.

· Registered
1,840 Posts
So just an update. On Monday I brought it back to the mechanic and he done a diagnostic + inpection. The wheel speed sensors seem to be fine. Battery is at 70% and that could be causing the codes. If the the lights come back on I'll go back again.

Thanks for the help.
"The codes"

What codes recovered ?

No C1102 Battery Voltage low ?

Low or high battery voltage doesnt set individual speed sensor codes

Do you the recovered codes yet ?

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
"The codes"

What codes recovered ?

No C1102 Battery Voltage low ?

Low or high battery voltage doesnt set individual speed sensor codes

Do you the recovered codes yet ?
If my memory serves me c1102 was one of the codes. I'm replacing the battery tomorrow or Friday. He told me that the low battery could have caused false codes(a lie i know) . The accelerator switch will also need attention soon. I didn't get a list of the codes. He also said there was a code for clutch signal error(PO704). I've only had the car since June of last year and I'm already after spending €1000 on issues. I'm probably going to trade in the car over the next few weeks.

I love my i40 but it seems the repairs are going to get even more expensive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts