Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Don't know why Hyundai didn't save money and just have all horn functions just routed through the main horns anyway! Seems silly to have a separate (and weaker) alarm horn.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Does anyone know how to do this on a Sonata? The relays are a little different, and I'd like to make sure I put the wires in the right spots.

·
Registered
751 Posts
You should be able to do the same thing if you look at the fuse box diagram to see the corresponding plugs you need to use.

·
Registered
527 Posts
You should be able to do the same thing if you look at the fuse box diagram to see the corresponding plugs you need to use.
Yeah... my eyes were messing with me. I was thrown off because of the different orientation of the relay. The pattern looked different, but it's the same.

·
Registered
29 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I was about to do this on my 2011, but then I noticed, there was no horn next to the passenger side strut tower?? So I'm guessing everything already routes through the front horns. Still the horn and lock beep sound different??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Fantastic mod! Thanks for sharing. My car sounds so manly now!
Does anyone have the original picture showing where to place this jumper? It has been so long that photo has been deleted. I too, would like to sound horns instead of wimpy electronic beep. Thanks.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Here ya go. Now I made this mod years ago and I did not want to pull/dislodge the relays, but you can see where they are connected. The "B/A Horn" bottom left is connected to "Horn" top left. Hope that helps.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you so much Woketman! I didn't think I'd get a response since it had been over 5 years since last post on this issue.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Now, does your horn continually blast now when you exit the car with the engine running? My beeper makes a long tone when you exit the vehicle and the key is in your pocket. Would kinda suck if your coming home late, and get put to open the garage door, and your horn is blasting through the “hood!

·
Registered
897 Posts
Mine does not. However I DO NOT have the key less system on my 2012. I insert a key and turn it to start, no start button.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts