Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to try out seafoam to see if using it reduces my car’s oil consumption, but I’m unsure of how much to add and how to go about it. Can someone advise?

For reference, there doesn’t appear to be a leak and I don’t generally see smoke out the exhaust. I have tried the mystery oil and some Lucas product as well and no change. My car uses a quart in less in 1000 miles.

Thanks!

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Why not just pop pan and head off and re-ring it ?? Pouring a HC base solvent into oil is just going to aid in wipe out of bearings due to loss of load carry of straight motor oil

Reactions: Richard Bicker

·
Registered
882 Posts
mystery oil seems to be stronger than seafoam, so stop trying additives.

If you really concern about fuel system you should focus on the fuel injectors. I've seen 10 year old toyota's plastic injectors got cracked and seals went bad. It's electrical powered and they can worn out. For an old car replacing fuel injectors can always make a difference

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice! I had tried mystery oil a year or so ago and tried the Lucas stop leak a few months ago. I thought I had read that seafoam might help but I’ll not bother with it now. Doing a more extensive repair will have to wait until the warmer weather but at least I have that to look forward to :)

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,582 Posts
My advice has always been to read the manufacturer's directions for use
They usually are the best place to find out how to use something

1 - 5 of 5 Posts