Hyundai Forums banner

How to use Bluetooth on y20 2011 Sonata GLP

4K views 18 replies 3 participants last post by  forgeinaz 
#1 ·
I want to know how to use the y20 Sonata GLP bluetooth, i dont know how to active it, i will upload a screen of the radio

Attachments

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
There's a demo on YT that has a y20 (sounds like Spanish) and the radio has the "info and setup"?! Kinda weird!
I would think if you don't have the BT logo on the radio...it is not capable.

#8 ·
There must be a button that acts as the setup, then you use the tuning knob to select BT, then you press the tuning knob, then you will have a selection for pairing.
Sorry I can't give you better info!

#10 ·
Since I have the setup button I could only guess as you...maybe someone with the same radio will "chime-in"!

#13 · (Edited)
Try pushing the right nob button for "Audio". That should bring up some menu. Turn the nob to the right/left and go to "BT" menu. From there you should be able to enable pair your phone. Then, in the future, you press AUX to get to your phone bluetooth(when phone is connected). You may have to press AUX more than once to get to the phone if you have an AUX cable or USB drive connected.

#17 ·
Hrm. Looks like they have a different radio than what I have ever seen. It shows Bluetooth logo on the plastic, but it seems it does not have Bluetooth capability. Also, no buttons on the steering wheel for hands-free, and I'd imagine no microphone on the roof by the sun visor.

#19 ·
Looks like bad or lazy mfg where they put the bluetooth logo but should not have. If you have the aux 3.5mm jack, you can use something like this:
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Bluetooth-Receiver-Streaming-Hands-free/dp/B008AGQMQC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1527877104&sr=8-1&keywords=bluetooth+to+aux[/ame]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.