Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I allready look for answer in other topic but no luck. How can you upgrade thr maps.

1 In the Nav manuel says abaout a website, you go there there is no 2011 sonata listed.

2 you hit the main button and in system information it say UPGRADE MAPS, you touch the button an start to download somethig, i dont know. Yo have to plug somethig in the usb port to do that otherwise it say usb is off or somethig

3 if somebody is going to tr try number 2 write down the system version of the Maps that appear before you hit the UPGRADE MAPS, and see if it changes.

All of this is in the NAV manual i think 3-51

Go read, try and post your expirience. if this works do we have free updates

·
Registered
817 Posts
Hey H Manuel -

:00000732: to the board.

This is the site that provides may updates for Hyundai Sonata (or through dealers, of course):

MapNSoft.

As you can see, there are no map updates for the 2011 Sonata at this time.

If there were, however, it would also include the complete installation proceedure instructions.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
QUOTE (JohnWho @ Sep 29 2010, 02:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=359666
You probably just missed it, Bearcats.

Look h e r e.
When I do a "Vehicle Search", I can pick model (Sonata) and then year and only 08 and 09 show up? *scratches head*

EDIT: I also see on the link you provide the print of:

"The new map update for the Hyundai Sonata have been released and are available for purchase.

Applicable model years are as follows:
2008, 2009, 2010 model years.

The map update is in DVD format and takes approximately 90 minutes to update."

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my dealer says the upgrade is via GPS signal you now. i did not believe this, BUT seek in your nav Manual and you will find that is true, you hit the upgrade button and the system start doing something.

Go try but first write down the map version before to see if that change, i did it on my but because i did not write it i dont know.

TRY , in the NAV manual is in 3-51

·
Registered
817 Posts
H Manuel -

That is what we have for the instructions on how to update the maps,

but you must have the update media (either CD or USB drive?)

and there isn't an update yet for the 2011 Sonata.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, I'm new here.

My dealer told me that they check for updates every time the car comes in for oil changes etc. And if there's any new updates that can be done to the NAV, they update it free of charge. I was really excited to hear that because for my other car it's about $130 every time you want to update.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Hey BigSausage -

:00000732: to the board.

I'd try to get that in writing.

Otherwise, you may be in for a surprise.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My uncle is the sales manager there. I don't think he would rip me off. But who knows, i'll see how it turns out in the future. LOL

·
Registered
817 Posts
Ah, you may be getting the "my uncle is the Sales Manager" special then!

:grin:

·
Registered
313 Posts
I'm thinking of doing the map update tonight, but rather than driving around the car for an hour and a half, I was thinking of hooking up my battery tender charger while the update is going on so it won't drain the battery while it's updating. Has anyone else tried this?

·
Registered
647 Posts
I'm thinking of doing the map update tonight, but rather than driving around the car for an hour and a half, I was thinking of hooking up my battery tender charger while the update is going on so it won't drain the battery while it's updating. Has anyone else tried this?
I have done this for the last two updates and it has worked fine, meaning the battery did not run down in the hour the update took. I used a regular small battery charger (6 amps max), not a tender.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have done this for the last two updates and it has worked fine, meaning the battery did not run down in the hour the update took. I used a regular small battery charger (6 amps max), not a tender.
Please explain how you got this to work. I pushed the update button and it says there is no usb. So obviously a usb is needed to update, at least on my 2012 Sonata. Going to the link provided by leedef $169.00 is required for update. Obviously not free.

It would certainly appear my 2012 does NOT update via GPS, which still sounds bogus to me.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I contacted the Map company to see if there are ever any specials on the upgrade. Here is my chat:

Screen Shot 2014-10-09 at 5.08.57 PM.png

·
Registered
127 Posts
I got my last update two years ago. The website had a sale towards the end of the year, crossing into the new year if I recall correctly. It was 50% off!

I didn't jump on the sale this past month because I'm willing to bet that they're gonna run that 50% off sale again at the end of this year.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I got my last update two years ago. The website had a sale towards the end of the year, crossing into the new year if I recall correctly. It was 50% off!

I didn't jump on the sale this past month because I'm willing to bet that they're gonna run that 50% off sale again at the end of this year.
I spoke with Hyundai and they indicated to me that there will be another sale around November.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts