Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All the cars I have driven before had a mode when I could turn on the fan without setting the temperature.
If I set the temperature in my Ioniq to something like 70F, and the outside temperature is, say 55F, the car engages the engine to warm up the air.
All I really want is to have the fan on.
Is there a way to do so without setting any particular temperature and without engaging the engine?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Press the OFF button then the FAN + or - you can also just press the Fan button - that will turn off the AUTO function. Then set the MODE and adjust the fan - once the AUTO light in the middle of the temp control is off - it functions just like you want it to. I have not tried with the temp set higher than the outside - you may have to lower that to below the outside temp. Make sure the SYNC is on and both sides will come down easy.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
It would help to know if you have the Hybrid or the PHEV. If the PHEV, it should work as markolson states. With the hybrid (and possibly with the PHEV), if the temperature is cold enough (or battery charge too low) the engine will likely turn on regardless, in order to help bring the engine and transmission fluids up to operating temperatures.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts