Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I have a 2018 SFS 2.0T. I bought it used in Georgia a few months ago with 10,000 miles on it. I went to the dealer today in NC that I use for my wifes 2017 SFS to have the oil changed and to have 2 TSB's done. One was the 953 campaign to update knock sensor and one was TSB 5NP-ADE-12 to update the traction control system to engage in the dry less. I have had my wifes SFS since 2017 and have had everything done at the dealer. They have always done me good. When it came to the TSB's they said that there was no open recall so they have already been done. I know you can type your VIN in for the 953 stuff and it might or might not show if it has been done. But how can you tell if any TSB has been done to the VIN before. Who has access to that information or where can you find it? Thanks...

·
Registered
271 Posts
HI,

For American recalls. Try looking up your vin here to see what has been completed on your vehicle. Now all dealerships have access to this information. When I had my complete long block replaced I had to go to several dealerships and have them email me all service records including recalls to give to Hyundai Canada.

USA Recall lookup.

Canadian recall lookup.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Recalls get done a long as they have not been done before. Service Bulletins generally only apply only if a condition is present. We sometimes have owners who come in and want Bulletin XYZ done because they saw it on line. If their vehicle does not have the concern they do not get the work done for free unless the Bulletin explicitly says that doing so is permissible.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I am going to post 2 TSB's What you are saying is that if I walk in with a list like the 2 I am about to post and ask to have these 2 TSB's done to my car they wont unless I say it is doing xyz? I am a mechanic. I dont work for a dealer but I would like to have these 2 software updates done. The service adviser said they were done already. Is there any record of TSB's that have been done attached to the VIN. If I bought the car out of Georgia and I live here in NC how could the dealer tell if they have been done.

TSB #5NP-A2D2E-12
NHTSA ID #10125159
NOVEMBER 01 2017
Summary: This bulletin describes the procedure to update the Traction Control System (TCS) logic on some 2017-2018MY Santa Fe Sport (AN) 2.0T and Santa Fe (NC) 3.3L vehicles. This update helps reduce unnecessary TCS engagement during low speed / dry

TSB #5NP-U7V3Y-12
NHTSA ID #10119101

Summary: This bulletin provides information related to certain Santa Fe Sport vehicles to update the ECU and TCU for shift quality improvement.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went in to have these 2 updates done because the first one I have the TCS come on and kill the power when making left or right 90 turn from a stop. Even turning on to a side street while rolling I will hit the pedal and it will pause sometimes before bringing the power on. The second I think they did to my wife's 2017 back in April. After it was done her transmission felt a lot better. What I mean is it would drop a gear or two quicker than before when braking and then back on the gas. It got down from 5th to 2nd or 3rd gear faster than before and a lot of the delay the car had went away. Second biggest thing is 6th gear. Her car while holding a steady speed on a flat road wont shift to 6th until 50 mph. My 2018 shifts into 6th at 40 mph. What might seem just like 10 mph difference makes a big difference on how the car drives. Going into 6th a 40 with the same pedal input the car will start to slow down. I have to give the car more throttle to hold 40 or 45 because its in 6th. Also it downshifts from 6th to 5th and back to 6th way more because it cant climb any kind of hill in 6th at 40 mph. Most of my city driving is 40 to 50 mph. Her car holds all the gears a little longer than my car which feels better. Sport mode will do the same but im not driving this car in sport mode all the time. Sport will hold 3rd gear till 35 and 4th gear way to much and then im driving around town at 3,000 rpm which I dont want.

Hope this makes since. Her car just feels better below 50 mph. It will hold the gears longer before up shifting. Doing 25 or 30 mph my car will go to 5th. At that low of a rpm when you get on the gas the car has more vibration because its trying to put some power on at 1,200 rpm instead of around 1,800 or 2,000 rpm which is where her car stays with the up shifts. Im checking which gear it is in by just knocking over the gear selector to manual mode it will display the current gear the car is in. Just seems my car is in 1 gear taller than hers below 50 mph. Above 50 its ok because your pulling enough rpm in 6th that the car is not struggling to bad. But even on the highway hers will kick down to 5th and get going with less throttle input.

So how can I check if these TSB's have been done and from what you said above if I offer to pay for them to update my software they would be way more willing to do so?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2xplicit TSB's are not recalls. They are more like fixes or patches that can be done at a owners request but are not mandatory to notify everyone with that year model like a recall does. So its a kind of behind the scene thing but no letters go out telling everyone to come in for it like the 953 campaign thing was. Here is a link to all the TSB's for my car but none would be listed to come in by because they are not recalls

1 - 6 of 6 Posts