Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Centennial JS 350
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imagine a place out in the sticks, far away from anything resembling urban life. Than add some distance. This is where I live. My mirrors autofolding as I lock the car is as unnecessary as teaching a gold fish how a pedal bike works. I am concerned for mechanical fatigue and that the wet frost we get now might damage or otherwise impact my probably expensive mirrors.

So the question is: How do I turn this feature off?

The manual says nothing about it. I have not been able to duckduckgo a proper solution either. So I deliver this question to you guys and hope for specific and helpful directions.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
I hope you can. A friend of mine who recently bought a new Hyundai commented on just how long before this breaks. Perhaps a dealer level scantool can do it.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
If you can, likely in the Body Control Module there may be an AUTO option that can be enabled/disabled. Dealer level tool to program it. If there's no mention of user intervention in the user manual to change it that's likely where to look .

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,326 Posts
So the question is: How do I turn this feature off?
I don't know how to turn the feature off, but I can tell you how to stop the mirrors from folding. Simply unplug the mirror harness connectors...sorted.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
15,326 Posts
unless you can disconnect just the folding wiring.
Of course you can. But you'd need to use a voltmeter/test light to ID one of the two wires in the folding circuit, then isolate that wire from the mirror connector. Still, I don't imagine that would be very difficult.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
I didn't know if the folding wire was the same one used for mirror adjustment and if it were disconnected you would loose horizontal adjustment.

·
Registered
15,326 Posts
I didn't know if the folding wire was the same one used for mirror adjustment and if it were disconnected you would loose horizontal adjustment.
The body folding and glass adjustment are two completely independent circuits. Or at least they have been on all the non Hyundai ones I've had to fix in the past.

·
Registered
2003 Centennial JS 350
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you guys for good advice! Deconnecting a wire might be above my competence level, but that "dealer level tool"...is that an OBD device with appropriate software? I think it is quite odd that simple features like this can't just be found in the in-car-menue.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
A lot of manufacturers leave info out of the owners manual which does eventually get found by venturous owners. On purpose who knows. I am sure the dealer would know if the feature can or cant be turned off with their tool.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts