Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have been looking for ways to stiffen the suspension in my 2006 Hyundai sonata GL. Lots of places around the web say that the Eibach lowering kits are the way to go but does that really make the susoension stiffer? If there are any other ideas please send them my way.

Thanks

·
Registered
121 Posts
My suggestion is to replace the struts with KYB replacement struts. They are stiffer then OEM, and I have used them on several different cars over the years with good results. KYBs last a long time.

I would not recommend lowering kits, as the result is a car with not much suspension. Sure it would be still, but the result would be a hard pounding ride that would get to be old in a hurry. You really wouldn't like your Hyundai riding like a go-kart.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've had my Eibach springs and KYB shocks/struts in the car for a while now, and honestly, it feels probably about 80% similiar to OEM. I do a lot of track driving at TWS and autocross quite often, and that's where you really feel the difference. The lack of body roll in limit-handling is very nice, but other than that, the Eibach kit is very progressive, so besides the lower ride height, you really won't notice it much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts