Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a very basic how to replace your turn signal repeater on your mirror. It took about 5 minutes (really).

Step 1: Inside the car, tilt the mirror glass to the inner most setting, so the outer part of the mirror glass has the biggest gap. An displayed in the first photo

Step 2: Standing by the mirror take your finger and put it under the high part of the mirror glass. You will probably need a couple of fingers under the mirror to be able to pull it enough to pull it off the mirror motor.

Step 2 continued... Pull on the mirror glass to remove the mounting pins form the mirror motor. It might feel like you are going to break something, but it will pop off, just needs a little more pressure than you might feel comfortable with.

Step 3: Remove the screw circled in red in the picture below. Once that is removed you can pull the repeater off your mirror and unhook wires going to the mirror. Under the rubber grommet you will see the connector. Sorry, I didn't get a picture if this.

Step 4: Grab your new repeater and reverse the steps to put your car back together!

That is all it took to replace the turn signal repeater. This was done on a 2013 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Limited, but I believe almost all Sonata's would be the same. Parts for non-hybrids WILL NOT fit the hybrids.

The part was purchased from hyundaioemparts.com. Cheapest price and shipping was under $5 for the part (I'm in Florida, same as Delray Hyundai who runs that website)

Let me know if you have any questions.

Reactions: Bill-H

·
Registered
200 Posts
Nice job and write up!
There should be a sticky for DIY stuff!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Replace mirrow

Some one snaped of my drivers side mirrow assembly. the mirrow is gone but the whole assembly is just hanging by the wire. Does any one know how to remove the whole assembly and were to get a new one? The shell is ok and the flasher works but loks like will have to get anew one as the ratchet part is broken.

·
22,793 Posts
I may have to work up the nerve to try this. Not for the repeater LED replacement, but to add those red (or amber) chevrons behind the mirror that will blink my turn/lane intentions when I flip the signal stalk. (Think Cadillac Escalade mirror signals, for example.)

Once the mirror is removed, it would be a simple matter of connecting the wires to the existing turn signal circuitry, reattach the mirror, and move on down the road.

Theory sounds good, anyway. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Some one snaped of my drivers side mirrow assembly. the mirrow is gone but the whole assembly is just hanging by the wire. Does any one know how to remove the whole assembly and were to get a new one? The shell is ok and the flasher works but loks like will have to get anew one as the ratchet part is broken.
You are in South Florida... might be close enought for you to drive to Delray Hyundai for the part.

As far as taking the entire mirror off. I think you might need to start inside with the cover over where things are connected.

·
Registered
167 Posts
You are in South Florida... might be close enought for you to drive to Delray Hyundai for the part.

As far as taking the entire mirror off. I think you might need to start inside with the cover over where things are connected.
Thanks for the info. Delray is cheaper than RC but would have to drive up RT 90 miles. theres was around $260.But its 90 miles RT. I paid $297.Had to get whole Asem and will have to get it painted. Makes me mad if they wanted the mirror they did not have to snap off the whole assem. C'est la vie

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great post

A great solution to my problem where I could not work out how to get the glass out. A simple but effective description

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry, but in a server move the pictures have been lost. I checked a backup drive, but I cannot find them.

I can try and answer any questions you may have.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Would Like Pictures

I love the write up and have the part on order but can't seem to pull up the pictures by the link in your write up. Could you send them to me or tell me how to get them.

Thanks in Advance!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I love the write up and have the part on order but can't seem to pull up the pictures by the link in your write up. Could you send them to me or tell me how to get them.

Thanks in Advance!
Sorry, but I lost the images in a few different server moves since posted this. I'm unable to find them anymore and I'm not going to recreate if I don't need to do the work :) Sorry!

·
Registered
13,373 Posts
Sorry, but I lost the images in a few different server moves since posted this. I'm unable to find them anymore and I'm not going to recreate if I don't need to do the work :) Sorry!
Wow. You joined in 2005 and you're still here?

That's "Brand Loyalty", folks! :D

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow. You joined in 2005 and you're still here?

That's "Brand Loyalty", folks! :D
And my last 3 cars are from the same dealership :)

In '05 I joined for a question on my wife's Elantra... that car is long gone... :) My first sonata came shortly after. Moved from Ohio to Florida... didn't need 4 wheel drive anymore :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just used your replacement procedure and it worked great! Without it I would have probably started by taking off the entire mirror. I did have the disc that the mirror snaps into come loose from the motor so I only had up and down movement but was able to get to snap back on. Thanks again!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Worked perfectly for 2013 Hyundai Sonata

Hey! Thanks so much for posting this! I followed your instructions and it was easy to replace on my 2013 Hyundai sonata limited. I even used your link for the Hyundai OEM parts. I'm a girl and usually make my husband or the dealership handle these things, but it seemed self explanatory. The only thing I would mention for other people reading this is you need one of those star head screwdrivers (maybe they have another name).

Thanks again!
Ash

·
Registered
11 Posts
Turn signal repeater

I want to thank you for posting this thread. I had damaged the passenger side mirror repeater and it only took 5 mins of my time as per your instructions. Saved a lot of money as supposed to taking it to the dealer.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts