Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I need to fit and replace an antenna on a 1998 Lantra Sedan - its mounted on the back right wing of the car and looks well sealed in. I've bought a replacement but it looks a bit tricky to fix.

Anyone done this before for a lantra and knows what to do step by step?

Any help would be great!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
QUOTE (perthhyundai @ May 6 2010, 02:09 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=320091
Actually managed to fix this myself. If the antennas snapped off near the car wing (in my case by a hail storm causing a roof to fall on the car and you need to replace the antenna.........

Use some needle nose pliers to ease the metal back into a cylinder shape. Go to a local auto parts store and get a HYUNDAI EXCEL AP83 Aerpro aerial. Down under these cost 40 bucks.

Undo the retaining screw that attaches the aerial to the wing of your car (looks like a coke bottle top with a slit. Use your pliers to pull the old aerial mast - it will just come out, once the screw has been undone - it will take a bit of effort and pulling but pops out like a cork. Just the mast NOT THE HOUSING!!!

Take your replacement aerial, undo the retaining screw on that so the aerial can be dissembled - pull out the retaining aerial mast on that antenna - push the replacement antenna into the housing on your car. Screw the retaining screw back on and done.

Easy. :thumbsup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts