·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,776 Posts
I guess that guy must like stripping his door down into a hundred bits. Because I suspect he'll be doing it again after a few weeks when that actuator fails again. All that carbon he cleaned of the motor's commutator used to be part of the brushes. So it seems kinda dumb to clean the commutator and just refit the motor without first replacing the brushes which must be pretty badly worn if there was enough carbon deposited on the commutator to stop the motor from functioning. Still, it was interesting to see what is inside a Hyundai actuator.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess that guy must like stripping his door down into a hundred bits. Because I suspect he'll be doing it again after a few weeks when that actuator fails again. All that carbon he cleaned of the motor's commutator used to be part of the brushes. So it seems kinda dumb to clean the commutator and just refit the motor without first replacing the brushes which must be pretty badly worn if there was enough carbon deposited on the commutator to stop the motor from functioning. Still, it was interesting to see what is inside a Hyundai actuator.

I think he did a good job of showing how to get at the inside of the actuator. Yes, fair comment on carbon/brushes. But I recon that little motor could be easily replaced instead. I dunno about you but I drive an old Santa Fe and use this forum because I don't have a large disposable income. The only question remains, can I be bothered to do it or just keep closing each door manually using the inside latch.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,776 Posts
I don't have a lot of disposable income either. And I'm a Scotsman so I'm careful with my money :). But I don't skimp when replacing a part involves that much work. I often have customers who ask me to use cheap ebay door actuators and window regulators. I tell them to supply the part and I'll do the installation. That way when the cheap part fails after a few weeks/months I at least get paid to do the same job all over again.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, I recon I'd do the job if I could find a replacement motor. I zoomed in on the photo and the motor code is VN770514.
However, I cant find anything to match on the internet.
:(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts