Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, coudnt find any topic showing how to remove the stock audio from a car..Trying to push up the top cover, it bents but doesnt go forward and I afraid to brake it....same with the Alarm button...

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
2,745 Posts
Hi
Do a search on this forum. I believe a member "peterban" had made a full how-to on removing the oem radio.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi
Do a search on this forum. I believe a member "peterban" had made a full how-to on removing the oem radio.
thanks for clue...

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
It's been awhile but I'm more than certain you start with removing the side trims. Under there I believe is where the hardware is found to remove the headunit.

·
22,788 Posts
It's been awhile but I'm more than certain you start with removing the side trims. Under there I believe is where the hardware is found to remove the headunit.
+1 Do yourself a BIG favor and invest in some of those cheap plastic trim tool kits. $5-10, depending on your source/location. They will keep your plastic trim components from becoming scratched to smithereens during the change-out. Good luck.

·
Registered
144 Posts
You have to pop the top off. It's in there really good. Then you pop out the trim piece around the hazard button. It can be done with a set of different sized screwdrivers, but I suggestion specialized plastic trim tools.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts