Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have searched and searched but I have not stumbled upon a "how to remove the grill." I did find a youtube video on how to remove bumper.

I have changed both the low beam and high beam/DRL bulbs so I know how to remove to long plastic cover that hovers over the headlight/radiator/grill.

It gives me access to the back of grill; can someone tell me how the actual grill is secured to the car/bumper?

Am guessing screws? Someone on another Genesis forum said it's pretty tight so might as well take bumper off....which I guess I can do but I am really trying to not do that at this moment.

Any links or thoughts?

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Vehicle Transport Automotive exterior Helmet Automotive lighting

Bumper Automotive exterior Grille Pipe Auto part

Vehicle door Automotive exterior Bumper Door handle

Grille Automotive exterior Vehicle Bumper Hood

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Headlamp Vehicle Transport Automotive exterior Helmet Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive exterior Grille Pipe Auto part Ok, I did this on Friday - It can be done without taking off bumper for sure. The bumper cover is flexible enough to work your way across and unscrew the (4) screws which secures the grill to the bumper cover.

Also, there are 4 tongue pieces on the grill that slides into slats and "clips" onto the bumper cover - See pic of tab zoomed in on attachments (in blue).

I am attaching a few pictures: one of the back of the grill itself and one of the bumper cover - The red squares represent the 4 screws. The orange spots represents where the tongues go into the slats - They have a small bump so they can snap into place - You need a flat head or trim piece to help push those out while removing grill.

The two screws that are towards the top of the grill are your easiest to get to. I would start on each of those first. The two towards the bottom corner are going to be the hardest to get to. You do have limited space between radiator and back of grill so you will need a short Philips screw driver.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts