Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gurus,

Can you kindly help me provide the instructions on how to remove the stock radio MP3-03 on 2007 getz?

I've tried to follow the previous post (2004 model) but seems no luck for me.

Would it be advisable to remove the fascia rather than the head unit only?

Thanks in advance! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hopefully out of the 68 who viewed this post can provide some guidelines on how to remove/detach/unmount the stock radio.... :(

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hopefully out of the 68 who viewed this post can provide some guidelines on how to remove/detach/unmount the stock radio.... :(
If you hav'nt got the proper release tools, I used 2 dinner knives, one each side, and kept at it until the head unit released from the mounting clips... not a real lot of room to work in though...
good luck :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you hav'nt got the proper release tools, I used 2 dinner knives, one each side, and kept at it until the head unit released from the mounting clips... not a real lot of room to work in though...
good luck :)
Thanks mate, but i've also did the same thing but no luck at all.. :(

·
Registered
152 Posts
Thanks mate, but i've also did the same thing but no luck at all.. :(

sounds like your going to have to pull the fascia off... RBURGOSS posted diagrams on how to do it a while back, use the search to find it, sounds like it's going to be a pita for you man!

·
Registered
33 Posts
they have the release tools on ebay. about $30 for a set. Your local car audio shop should also carry universal removal tool kits for about the same cost.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts