Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2009 Sonata SE. My drivers window quit working and I need to remove the door panel. The interior mirror trim has to come off to do this. All the videos and info I found show this being pried off with a trim removal tool. But none of those examples had the stereo system that has tweeters in the trim. When I tried this on my passenger side a few years ago, the trim piece broke! So badly I had to glue it back onto the door. I remember studying it once it was off and thinking I have no idea how I was supposed to remove this properly.

Anyone know how to remove the version that has a speaker in it? I'm attaching some photos showing what I am talking about. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Banned
7,041 Posts
You either need the correct tool or take it to a body shop and have them pull it off.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
There is no special tool,, aged plastic gets stuck in place something fierce,, and when try to carefully remove, the stress breaks them..

Tweeter or not, they attach in same fashion,, stuck and aged brittle platic

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is no special tool,, aged plastic gets stuck in place something fierce,, and when try to carefully remove, the stress breaks them..

Tweeter or not, they attach in same fashion,, stuck and aged brittle platic
Thanks, I used my widest trim removal tool (about 2.5 inches wide), and was able to remove it without damaging it. I probably used a smaller one when I broke the passenger side a few years ago.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts