Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to dynamat my inner doors. I can get the outside door panel off, but am having an extremely difficult time getting the black plastic peice off. Has anyone done this? Any helpful tips or tricks?

Thanks!

·
Registered
592 Posts
It simply unbolts...remember, its also connected to the window track directly behind it. If this seems too challenging it can be propped open enough to reach behind it and deaden. However I will say this, the inside door skin, its very thin. Dynamat extreme will take multiple layers and more if you have a good mid in there and some power. You will only need one layer of alpha damp.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Both those responses were perfect! I was getting caught up on what appears to be the window track mounts. I will give this a try in the morning. Thanks!

·
Registered
166 Posts
I dampened my doors without total removal of the middle door panel. If you lower your windows about 2 inches and remove all the bolts you can do the whole, external door, trough the speaker hole. You can get material sheets in trough the bottom of the semi removed middle panel. I was able to reach all but the last few inches on the lock side of the door. Exercise was well worth the effort.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts