Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
REF: 2015 AWD LIMITED / ULTIMATE
So, there I am with the seal cap removed and my itchy fingers reaching into the cavity of the headlight housing only to discover there's some kind of pressure spring on the back of the lamp housing holding the D3S in its socket. For the life of me, I can's seem to figure out how to remove this bloody spring? Advice would be most appreciated.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Push real hard on clip holding the bulb in. This will allow the clips on the side to release. Good luck!

^^ This, at the beginning I was struggling as well and it took me awhile but once you figure it out then it should be a breeze. I find it a lot easier using a small flat head screwdriver to loosen any one side first once you press in the clip, once it’s loose then just unclip the opposite side and it should pop off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks, Bit & Din (sounds like a TV Show), for your input. Unfortunately, I am still at an impasse. Referring to the pic I've attached, if I press real hard to push "B" tangs in, the "A" tangs which are pressed up tight against the back on of the bulb housing obstruct any movement of "B". If those "A" tangs weren't there, "B" would compress and allow "C" to disengage from its mooring.

Of all the items to be so difficult to replace, what was Hyundai thinking!

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
When I got it to release, I pushed as hard as I could exactly where you have the letter 'B' (not the arrows, but the letter itself).

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Looks like you could use one of those "offset" screwdrivers to pop the clips off.
Any special make, any D3S fits ? I see you just move the clip to the new bulb.

How much color temp are people changing to ? OEM is some 3500K

What should be a replacement price ? I see $70 for two up to $224 a pair ? ? ? ?

Attachments

·
Registered
920 Posts
Thanks, Bit & Din (sounds like a TV Show), for your input. Unfortunately, I am still at an impasse. Referring to the pic I've attached, if I press real hard to push "B" tangs in, the "A" tangs which are pressed up tight against the back on of the bulb housing obstruct any movement of "B". If those "A" tangs weren't there, "B" would compress and allow "C" to disengage from its mooring.

Of all the items to be so difficult to replace, what was Hyundai thinking!

LOL and I agreed about the design, in regards about taking out the bulb you are correct but you need to push B in harder so that C will release the lip that’s locking it in from the back. Hence why I mentioned push in hard enough and use a screwdriver to pull C outwards. Think of it this way the more you push in, that will allow you unclip it from the back. I know it’s not easy but don’t give up, once you’ve taken it out you will realize how easy it is to do it the next time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
facing the exact same issue, thanks for the pic and tips, hopefully make my hid bulb replacement go smoother. Were you pleased with the results after changing bulbs?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had same issue tonight.. photo helped but I pushed in a slightly different spot. You can "feel" it when it moves then just use the flat head to leverage C away from the body. See photo for where I pushed and thank you Craig C for original.

Attachments

·
Registered
920 Posts
Had same issue tonight.. photo helped but I pushed in a slightly different spot. You can "feel" it when it moves then just use the flat head to leverage C away from the body.

Agreed, honestly I really hate this design because it is pain in the a.ss

·
Registered
5 Posts
Had same issue tonight.. photo helped but I pushed in a slightly different spot. You can "feel" it when it moves then just use the flat head to leverage C away from the body. See photo for where I pushed and thank you Craig C for original.

Thank you, thank you! I just changed my OEM bulbs and you’re post saved me some time. You can absolutely feel the click, and one one of my bulbs I didn’t even have to pry the side, the bracket just popped off. When putting back on its best to put one side on the tab and line up the other side and just push the back of the bracket and you can hear it click back in. Can’t wait till dark to see if there is a big difference.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Thank you, thank you! I just changed my OEM bulbs and you’re post saved me some time. You can absolutely feel the click, and one one of my bulbs I didn’t even have to pry the side, the bracket just popped off. When putting back on its best to put one side on the tab and line up the other side and just push the back of the bracket and you can hear it click back in. Can’t wait till dark to see if there is a big difference.

Awesome, glad to hear its working out for you. Did you end up swapping to another OEM bulb or a different brand? Just curious as to which bulbs you changed it to and yes please give us your feedback on the new bulbs whenever you get a chance!

·
Registered
920 Posts
Is there enough room for hands and so forth to maneuver around to get a tool in there and to press in for release?

Yes there’s definitely room for your hands to reach in, just give it a try and I’m sure you’ll be fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey champs, you guys have been replacing D3S HID Bulb on your vehicles, I want to replace D3S Hid bulbs of my Sonata 2015, I need your recommendation before buying the bulbs. I would definitely apply your techniques to replaces them but before that I want you guys to suggest me where shall I buy D3S for my car. I have found an online store offering them at very low price, please have a look on this product and let me know if anyone of you have ever used bulbs. Here is the product

·
Registered
920 Posts
Hey champs, you guys have been replacing D3S HID Bulb on your vehicles, I want to replace D3S Hid bulbs of my Sonata 2015, I need your recommendation before buying the bulbs. I would definitely apply your techniques to replaces them but before that I want you guys to suggest me where shall I buy D3S for my car. I have found an online store offering them at very low price, please have a look on this product and let me know if anyone of you have ever used bulbs. Here is the product
Here’s my .02, there is absolutely no high quality HID bulbs out there that offers more than 6000-6500K temp and if they do offer up to 10000K then chances are it’s cheap Chinese aftermarket bulbs. Go with a reputable company so you know you get the real deal, any high quality HID bulbs will run you at a minimum $150 for a pair. If it’s too good to be true then chances are they’re Chinese knockoffs imo.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Here’s my .02, there is absolutely no high quality HID bulbs out there that offers more than 6000-6500K temp and if they do offer up to 10000K then chances are it’s cheap Chinese aftermarket bulbs. Go with a reputable company so you know you get the real deal, any high quality HID bulbs will run you at a minimum $150 for a pair. If it’s too good to be true then chances are they’re Chinese knockoffs imo.

I agree with this for sure. I like to use Headlight Revolution for bulbs.

Does anyone know the color temp of the factory LED's? Would be nice to match the projectors to the LED's.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I agree with this for sure. I like to use Headlight Revolution for bulbs.

Does anyone know the color temp of the factory LED's? Would be nice to match the projectors to the LED's.
I’m not sure about Hyundai factory led colour temp but most factory colour temp should be around 5500-6000K, at least that’s what I think my Lexus RX 350 has. My top choice for HID bulbs would be Osram CBB or CBA which has around 6000K and looks super amazing BUT very expensive.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts