Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me,or have i found a not good finding in hyundai paint! How do you!/Take care of paint that is allready oxidizing on a 2009 hyundai sonata? Plus the car only has 7000 miles on it. I seem to have troubles in getting any water marks out/looks like water marks! And the polish/rubbing compound I use wont get rid of them! ANY HELP?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I use the following Meguiars products:

ColorX: This is my general cleaner, polish, wax that I use most often unless the paint is already very clean. Works great in one step.
"Meguiars COLORX is the tested and proven system to restore deep color and gloss from your oxidized or contaminated paint finish. Helps remove fine scratches and swirl marks too. Our polish and wax combination will dramatically revive brilliant color and add a long lasting protection that locks in the shine. For best results, apply with an Even-Coat Applicator and remove residue with a Supreme Shine® Microfiber or Ultra Plush Super Terry."

SCRATCHX: For the times when I need just a bit more to get scratches out or other bonded matieral.
"The most effective way to safely remove fine scratches and swirls...Now by hand OR with a dual action polisher! Our new and improved ScratchX® 2.0 uses diminishing abrasive™ technology to safely and effectively remove fine scratches, swirls, and oxidation. As you work ScratchX 2.0 into the surface of your vehicle, the abrasives diminish and your paint surface is polished to reveal brilliant color and clarity. Clear coat safe, ScratchX 2.0 will not create new scratches and will not simply "cover" fine scratches as most conventional products do."

NXT Generation Tech Wax: When the pain is already in really good shape and doesn't need to be cleaned or polished I just apply a good coating of NXT, sometime even on top of ColorX. A great easy to apply wax.

Smooth Surface Clay Kit: This gets the paint really clean and smooth just like new. Removes everything bonded to the paint getting it ready for a good coat of ColorX or NXT depending on need. I normally do this about once a year.

The only other thing I even use is a medium Turtle Wax rubbing compond when I have heavyer scratches I need to get out. I also sometime throw in a the Meguiars cleaner wax when I don't need to polish and just remove light junk from the paint. In the end I always use the mildest product for the job.

Over the years this has worked great for me.

What products are you using?

·
Banned
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (PaulW @ Oct 16 2010, 01:18 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=363816
I use the following Meguiars products:

ColorX: This is my general cleaner, polish, wax that I use most often unless the paint is already very clean. Works great in one step.
"Meguiars COLORX is the tested and proven system to restore deep color and gloss from your oxidized or contaminated paint finish. Helps remove fine scratches and swirl marks too. Our polish and wax combination will dramatically revive brilliant color and add a long lasting protection that locks in the shine. For best results, apply with an Even-Coat Applicator and remove residue with a Supreme Shine® Microfiber or Ultra Plush Super Terry."

SCRATCHX: For the times when I need just a bit more to get scratches out or other bonded matieral.
"The most effective way to safely remove fine scratches and swirls...Now by hand OR with a dual action polisher! Our new and improved ScratchX® 2.0 uses diminishing abrasive™ technology to safely and effectively remove fine scratches, swirls, and oxidation. As you work ScratchX 2.0 into the surface of your vehicle, the abrasives diminish and your paint surface is polished to reveal brilliant color and clarity. Clear coat safe, ScratchX 2.0 will not create new scratches and will not simply "cover" fine scratches as most conventional products do."

NXT Generation Tech Wax: When the pain is already in really good shape and doesn't need to be cleaned or polished I just apply a good coating of NXT, sometime even on top of ColorX. A great easy to apply wax.

Smooth Surface Clay Kit: This gets the paint really clean and smooth just like new. Removes everything bonded to the paint getting it ready for a good coat of ColorX or NXT depending on need. I normally do this about once a year.

The only other thing I even use is a medium Turtle Wax rubbing compond when I have heavyer scratches I need to get out. I also sometime throw in a the Meguiars cleaner wax when I don't need to polish and just remove light junk from the paint. In the end I always use the mildest product for the job.

Over the years this has worked great for me.

What products are you using?
Im using turtle wax rubbing compound to try to get rid of the water looking marks! It wont even touch it! Im kinda wondering if this was a RECK! That was sold as near new from a so called reputable dealer!

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Unless you've got forearms like PopEye, you'll never get those spots out polishing by hand. Find a reputable detail shop in your area and they can machine polish the spots and oxidation out.

·
Registered
458 Posts
A not quite 2 year old Sonata with 7000 miles and the paint is oxidizing?????? Should'nt that be covered in the 3 year 36K paint warranty??????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts