Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It got a little cool here in South Florida and i wanted to just turn on the AC fan when I'm on the highway but the heather keeps kicking in,I turn off the AUTO button the AC button and i dont have the air recirculating inside the car.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Time to get that fat old Owners Manual out of the glove box and read the section on Climate Control operation maybe???

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
We have the auto climate control, also have to turn your temperatures down, only way to turn the heat off. If your temperatures are set to 85*F that is how warm your interior will be.

If you set your temperatures at 65*F and you AC is off and its 80*F outside, will be 80*F inside. Can switch off AC, but not heat.

Wife likes to set our at 85*F in the winter time when she starts the car, trying to tell her the car won't heat up any faster and if I don't look at it, we are cooking on the inside.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
For years,domestic vehicles were switching on the AC compressor on a cold day when you switched on defrost mode. Really dumb, relative humidity for actual humidity goes way when temperatures decrease. Idiots were switching on the AC to get rid of this almost nothing humidity.

AC compressors are like a two cycle engine lubrication is mixed in with the refrigerant, cheapest way to do it, even in your home AC or refrigerator has a sump for lubrication, only refrigerant is pumped.

By running the AC compressor, pressures are much lower, circulating very little lubrication, not removing practically any moisture, the only thing you are doing is wearing out your compressor by switching it on at this low temperatures. At least the South Koreans and Japanese realize this, so they do not automatically switch on the compressor in defrost mode.

With the advent of R-134a, AC repair has become very expensive, another lie from our government claiming R-12 was depleted the ozone layer. Real cause of the antarctic ozone depletion was lack of sunshine in the south pole during their winter time. Need sunlight to form ozone.

R-134a is using a women's facial cream for lubrication, with moisture forms an acid that eats away your AC system. R-12 never had this problem.

·
Registered
688 Posts
If the heater is kicking in, then maybe you just have the temperature set too high. Auto climate control is a great convenience, I'm not sure why you would want to override it.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I did read it from pages 3-133 to 3-149 before posting, thanks for your help.
Your original post was more like a statement than a question. After reading your Banner headline for this forum topic, it seems you are having issues in running the Blower Fan (Not AC fan) unless you are in AUTO mode. Below is a screenshot of your car owner manual, pages 3-133 and 134 that clearly instructs how to turn ON-OFF the Auto setting. Read the directions again and if still having problems, post back.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yeap, just click the auto button, to turn it off. Then make sure recirculate is not on. From there, just click the button for both heat and a/c to make sure they are both off (no lights are on). Then, just click the FAN buttons, up or down. And it will just blow air at about the outside temperature.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Your original post was more like a statement than a question. After reading your Banner headline for this forum topic, it seems you are having issues in running the Blower Fan (Not AC fan) unless you are in AUTO mode. Below is a screenshot of your car owner manual, pages 3-133 and 134 that clearly instructs how to turn ON-OFF the Auto setting. Read the directions again and if still having problems, post back.

View attachment 442765
I dont know how i missed that part to improve effectiveness i helped a lot to put the air to come out of the top, thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts