Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I get Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 (Android 5.0.2LRX22G) to work with Android Auto on car display?
Phone is Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 not working with Android Auto
Android 5.0.2LRX22G
MIUI Global 9.5.4.0 -LHMMIFA- stable

Car is Hyundai Sonata 2018 SE

Android Auto Version 3.2.581534-release

Android Auto shows Accepted cars: None
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phone is Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 working with Android Auto
Android 6.0MRA58K
MIUI Global 9.5.2.0 -MBFMIFA- stable

Car is Hyundai Sonata 2018 SE

Android Auto Version 3.2.581534-release

Android Auto shows Accepted cars: Sonata
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lot of things already tried including switch USB cables, comparing settings between phones, updating to the latest software release from Xiaomi.

Update on some of the things tried:
1. Tried 6 USB cables. They will allow phone to show charging from the car.
2. Note 4 phone shows on the phone that USB is connected. Note 2 phone shows charging but shows USB is not connected.
3. Have Developer mode turned on for both phones.
4. Allowed all permissions when installing Android Auto.

Still not sure if the problem is a setting for Android 5.0.2, Sonata car software or Android Auto program. What else am I missing to get Android Auto to connect between the Xiamoi Redmi Note 2 and the car?

Thanks,
tsds

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Tried connecting an android phone with 4.0.3 to the car. The USB shows it’s connected to the car. 4.0.3 isn’t compatible with the Android Auto program.

On the Note 2 phone tried going into “developer” choices and turned off “MIUI Optimization”. Phone rebooted and USB shows it’s connected! Was surprised that it connected. Turned “MIUI Optimization” back on, phone rebooted and USB shows not connected. Turned off “MIUI Optimization”. Phone rebooted and USB shows it’s connected again! Feeling good that I had found the problem, I repeated the process for the third time. Unfortunately “MIUI Optimization” on or off no longer will get USB to show it’s connected.

So problem isn’t the Android Auto program. The Note 2 phone connects fine to Win XP, Win 7 and Windows 10 by USB. Still something about how the Note 2 and Hyundai car are doing USB that aren’t allowing them to connect to each other. Is there an app that will assist in getting the Note 2 to consistently connect to USB?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts