Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can help me with this problem.

I need to install an electric brake controller in the cabin and that requires running cables from the battery, via a circuit breaker, into the cabin. Has anyone run cables from the engine bay into the cabin or have seen it done as I cannot seem to find a way to get the cables into the cabin.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

TIA

Greg

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
When I installed my remote starter I used the factory wire boot and pushed my wires through the same boot. I also added a dab of silicone over the boot after I squeezed the wiring in. I punctured the boot and pushed the wiring into the hole I punctured.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used the factory wire boot and pushed my wires through the same boot
Sorry but I don't understand what you mean by "factory wire" and where is this boot located in the engine bay.

Thanks,

Greg

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
There is a large harness (factory wires) that runs through the firewall, it is surrounded in a rubber boot. The harness is located left of the steering column (from inside of the vehicle). I punctured the rubber boot at the firewall that the harness runs in and pushed my wiring through it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (Joeeey @ Jul 27 2010, 08:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=345122
There is a large harness (factory wires) that runs through the firewall, it is surrounded in a rubber boot. The harness is located left of the steering column (from inside of the vehicle). I punctured the rubber boot at the firewall that the harness runs in and pushed my wiring through it.
Thanks Joeeey, I'll look into that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just did the exact same job in my Santa Fe.

The best spot I found to run the wires was through the condensate drain grommet. There is even a little spacer in there to make it easier.

Hope it helps

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Joeeey - How does that place cover over the rubber boot come off? I've removed the two small nuts holding it but it won't come off.

TIA

Greg

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
QUOTE (ghines @ Aug 5 2010, 12:05 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=347250
Joeeey - How does that place cover over the rubber boot come off? I've removed the two small nuts holding it but it won't come off.

TIA

Greg
I didn't remove it. I used a long screwdriver and pierced / slit a hole in it. after I ran my wiring I used black silicone to seal it up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Answered my own question. Fixed, there is now a hard plastic cover over the previous rubber version. Remove the two nuts and struggle off the metal ring. They don't make it easy.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I just did the exact same job in my Santa Fe.

The best spot I found to run the wires was through the condensate drain grommet. There is even a little spacer in there to make it easier.

Hope it helps
Hey, I am not sure where this grommett is located, can you take a picture with the location and post ?

Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts