Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Broke the actual clipped parts of the trim when I was installing my backup camera. Now they are just literally hanging there/duct tape. Any idea how to fix them? Otherwise I have to get new ones, in which case, what is this exact piece called?

There is some plastic trim that runs alongside, where the lights from the license plate go. Two identical parts on each side. See the attached images. I might check junkyard but if there is a good fix.

Attachments

·
Registered
882 Posts
I used Loctite superglue to fix the similar clip on the side rocker panel, hold 10 sec and ready to go. Sprayed some silicone lubricant to prevent failure in the future. Still holding strong after 1 year. But if the part is missing you may have to get new one

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,582 Posts
It seems the loose part is still in tact
The part that is still attached to the car is broken
The loose piece slips into the other piece which is broken and won't hold
Plastic weld or look up on Hyundaioemparts.com

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not sure if you fixed your problem by now or not. I'm actually going through the exact same process as you right now (android auto, backup cam, tearing the car apart removing trim panels from hatch to dash).

Pretty much every trim piece in the car has its part number embossed into it somewhere.
Those side pieces are
81740-2D201 :: Trim Assy-Tail Gate Frame Side RH
81730-2D201 :: Trim Assy-Tail Gate Frame Side LH

I think the shop that did my tint 11 years ago broke some of the tabs off. I may have broken some more taking them out now.
They were held in place with black adhesive goop on some of the clip points. It held up well, and I may need to use it again on a new point or two during reassembly.
The same should work for you, or it looks like you can order the parts for 10 or 20 bucks or less each if it really bugs you otherwise.

Do you have any pics of how you ended up mounting the backup camera? I've been struggling to decide where I want to start drilling holes into things.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts