Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've just discovered this while doing the intake>exhaust cleaning. It seems like a leak from the valve cover gasket (second 20). It doesn't affect me too much, but it should be fixed. And since I'd like to do it myself, I have to ask you guys:
1. Is there any silicone gasket filler that can be applied on the outside (after proper cleaning) that will hold, if only for a few months. I am not sure about that boost pressure, it doesn't look too high though. I would like to replacing it myself eventually, but winter seems to come faster this year and I'd leave it for the next year.
2. Maybe related to gasket's condition, but can this cause the engine oil to contaminate faster? It looks too black and I've only changed it 2000 miles ago. Or maybe it's normal for an old diesel?
The car is a Hyundai Tucson 2006 2.0 CRDi JM. I've tried tightening the screws of the cover but it didn'thelp.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.