Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (EL'ation @ May 7 2010, 03:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=320640
Agree.

But usually you can just remove the DRL fuse.
Check the fuse box near your left knee or under the hood.
Sweet.... The reason I'm trying this is because, I'm having some issues with the HID install. Trying to see if disabling the DRL fixes the issue I'm having.

Thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
QUOTE (Pinto_Siftbean @ May 7 2010, 02:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=320637
Why would you want to disable such a passive.. proven to work.. safety feature?
I refused to purchase my Sonata unless they disabled the drl's.The service dept pulled the relay.. I do not want to make it easier for troopers to take my hard earned money by running with headlights on during the daytime.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
QUOTE (Lilalleykatt @ May 9 2010, 11:17 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=321192
I refused to purchase my Sonata unless they disabled the drl's.The service dept pulled the relay.. I do not want to make it easier for troopers to take my hard earned money by running with headlights on during the daytime.
How do DRLs make it easier for troopers to take your hard earned money?

·
Registered
72 Posts
QUOTE (Lilalleykatt @ May 9 2010, 11:17 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=321192

Now that's a new one!! Pray tell what state would that law exist in??
So now the rest of the folks that purchased the same model vehicle from your dealer are subject to a ticket for having Daytime Running Lights?
:whistling:

·
Registered
75 Posts
QUOTE (jsmit86 @ May 9 2010, 11:38 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=321200
How do DRLs make it easier for troopers to take your hard earned money?
I am a member of an emergency response team for a major communications co and average 2-5K mi a week responding to downed systems. This week was Nashville 4 trips and South Louisiana 2 times. I run as fast as I can get away with usually 75-79 mph.A good Trooper can tell within a mph or two visually how fast you are going before he lights you up with radar therefore I do not like to advertise just how fast I am going by using headlights to help them give me a ticket. I know I should just go the speed limit but sometimes I am trying to help restore a 911 system that could save someones life. I have had many Troopers and locals let me off doing in excess of 90mph but I dont like to press my luck anymore than I have to. Let the trolls flame away...I see your from Wisconsin and it seems to me its usually someone from Indiana, Wisconsin,Or Ohio that likes to hibernate in the fast lane doing 69 in a 70. Please rember that slower traffic should keep to the right regardless of the posted limit because that person trying to pass you may save your life someday.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
QUOTE (Lilalleykatt @ May 9 2010, 09:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=321302
I am a member of an emergency response team for a major communications co and average 2-5K mi a week responding to downed systems. This week was Nashville 4 trips and South Louisiana 2 times. I run as fast as I can get away with usually 75-79 mph.A good Trooper can tell within a mph or two visually how fast you are going before he lights you up with radar therefore I do not like to advertise just how fast I am going by using headlights to help them give me a ticket. I know I should just go the speed limit but sometimes I am trying to help restore a 911 system that could save someones life. I have had many Troopers and locals let me off doing in excess of 90mph but I dont like to press my luck anymore than I have to. Let the trolls flame away...I see your from Wisconsin and it seems to me its usually someone from Indiana, Wisconsin,Or Ohio that likes to hibernate in the fast lane doing 69 in a 70. Please rember that slower traffic should keep to the right regardless of the posted limit because that person trying to pass you may save your life someday.
Actually, Illinois... (OK, I see WI on the post below mine. I guess that was your intended reply)

I'll happily stay right if not passing... I was just trying to make the connection between the DRLs and the troopers.

·
Registered
62 Posts
While I don't like my DRLs either, I don't think making statements that generalize about people from several states is very useful. I am sure you don't mean it, but your tone is even condescending.

·
Registered
75 Posts
QUOTE (hawk1500 @ May 9 2010, 11:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=321320
While I don't like my DRLs either, I don't think making statements that generalize about people from several states is very useful. I am sure you don't mean it, but your tone is even condescending.
All I know is what I see everyday on the road. I think the offending drivers all come from states that have overzealous enforcement by law enforcement. I know Ohio cops will write you for anythging over the limit. This seems to create drivers that are afraid to go above the posted limit and creates log jams of traffic behind them. All I am saying is slower traffic keep RIGHT...Please.

·
Registered
123 Posts
QUOTE (Lilalleykatt @ May 9 2010, 10:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=321302
so how do they tell how fast you are going? i'm still confused.

·
Registered
133 Posts
For those of us who aren't emergency respose needing to hide from the cops because of our systematic unsafe speeding, DRLs also have an effect on your insurance rates. I would certainly tell yer insurance provider that you are disabling them, and suck up the increased cost if its worth it to you. I'm sure they would LOVE to deny yer claim on yer totaled 2011 Sonata 'because you diabled the feature that would have avoided that accident'.

Back when I was a hot stud with a 300hp supercharged Monte Carlo z34, i did the same thing by pulling the fuse. Thats the easiest method, tho mine also disabled the light-sensitive headlights, so research what else runs through that fuse first.

·
Registered
123 Posts
QUOTE (Lilalleykatt @ May 10 2010, 09:44 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=321388
Is it easier to see a car that is faraway with its headlights on or off. When I exceed the limit I do not want to be seen as easily as the car with the headlights on. Its called Stealth... Hope this helps.
ok, so if the cop can see you early, they know how fast you are going? It makes sense that they can see you earlier, but i'm not buying that they can detect your rate of speed just because they can see you early.

·
Registered
816 Posts
QUOTE (Lilalleykatt @ May 10 2010, 09:44 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=321388
Is it easier to see a car that is faraway with its headlights on or off. When I exceed the limit I do not want to be seen as easily as the car with the headlights on. Its called Stealth... Hope this helps.
Quite the contrary!
It's harder to tell visually the rate of speed with DRL on than without.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I didn't mean to create such a "debating" topic... I was just wondering if anyone knew how to disable the DRL.... Sorry.....
BTW There isn't a fuse/relay labeled DRL under the dash or under the hood... If anyone has any input to the "topic at hand" please chime in..

Thanks

1 - 20 of 59 Posts