Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Santa Fe Calligraphy AWD
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
One of the things that really bugged me and didn't make sense to me, was the halogen cargo light on our Santa Fe's. While the rest of the interior lighting is LED (Calligraphy trim) that one was left halogen.

That being said, I tried looking for information on how to replace it and the type of bulb that it used, but found none.

Here is a detailed walk through on what you will need, the type of bulb, where you can purchase it and the tools you will need. It will take you less than 5 minutes to replace it and the difference is remarkable.

Tools needed
  • Thin Flathead screw driver.
  • DE3425 LED bulb (PURCHASE HERE)
  • Please make sure the cargo light switch is on the OFF position before starting.

STEP 1
Locate the small opening on lens cover.

STEP 2
Insert Flat head screw driver on lens opening. NOTE: Please be mindful of the flat head size as you risk damaging the lens if a big screw driver is used.

STEP 3
Carefully pry out the lens and remove to expose the bulb

STEP 4
Grab the bulb from one end and pull it down.

COMPARISON PHOTO (LED vs Stock)

STEP 5
Install replacement LED bulb. Inserting one side first and then the other side. NOTE: Make sure the heatsink on the LED bulb is facing up.

STEP 6
Replace the lens cover

STEP 7
Enjoy bright light and a properly illuminated trunk.:cool:

Rob

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice write-up and pictures!
Although I've done mine already, I appreciate these types of posts.
Thank you
Yeah I figured, I'd start with the easy stuff and since I couldn't find one I figured it will help someone that is new to the platform or not DIY inclined.
Is there a How to section on this forum? Couldn't find one.

Currently working on the reverse light LED replacement write up.;)

Rob

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited 2.0T Awd
1,508 Posts
Thank you
Yeah I figured, I'd start with the easy stuff and since I couldn't find one I figured it will help someone that it new to the platform or not DIY inclined.
Is there a How to section on this forum? Couldn't find one.

Currently working on the reverse light LED replacement write up.;)

Rob
The how-to posts are pretty much spread throughout the forum. There have been some previous posts that discuss the cargo light and led buld recommendations.

I believe there have been some posts of users replacing the reverse lights with led as well. I do remember also seeing recent posts of users replacing the reflector that goes across the trunk lid with an led light strip.

If you search the forum using the advanced search feature, and only filter it to the Santa Fe forums, you should be able to find them.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The how-to posts are pretty much spread throughout the forum. There have been some previous posts that discuss the cargo light and led buld recommendations.

I believe there have been some posts of users replacing the reverse lights with led as well. I do remember also seeing recent posts of users replacing the reflector that goes across the trunk lid with an led light strip.

If you search the forum using the advanced search feature, and only filter it to the Santa Fe forums, you should be able to find them.
Cool, thanks for the search tip.
Looking to do a write up on the center light strip as soon as I receive it.

There needs to be a way to at least pin these types of posts so that new comers know where to look if they wonder how to do it and what they need.

·
Registered
4 Posts
One of the things that really bugged me and didn't make sense to me, was the halogen cargo light on our Santa Fe's. While the rest of the interior lighting is LED (Calligraphy trim) that one was left halogen.

That being said, I tried looking for information on how to replace it and the type of bulb that it used, but found none.

Here is a detailed walk through on what you will need, the type of bulb, where you can purchase it and the tools you will need. It will take you less than 5 minutes to replace it and the difference is remarkable.

Tools needed
  • Thin Flathead screw driver.
  • DE3425 LED bulb (PURCHASE HERE)
  • Please make sure the cargo light switch is on the OFF position before starting.

STEP 1
Locate the small opening on lens cover.

STEP 2
Insert Flat head screw driver on lens opening. NOTE: Please be mindful of the flat head size as you risk damaging the lens if a big screw driver is used.

STEP 3
Carefully pry out the lens and remove to expose the bulb

STEP 4
Grab the bulb from one end and pull it down.

COMPARISON PHOTO (LED vs Stock)

STEP 5
Install replacement LED bulb. Inserting one side first and then the other side. NOTE: Make sure the heatsink on the LED bulb is facing up.

STEP 6
Replace the lens cover

STEP 7
Enjoy bright light and a properly illuminated trunk.:cool:

Rob
Thanks for the write up.

I see that there is two size options on Amazon.

36 MM and 41 MM

can you please let me know which size is the right one?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the write up.

I see that there is two size options on Amazon.

36 MM and 41 MM

can you please let me know which size is the right one?
Glad you are finding it useful.

The bulb size is 36mm.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Whilst you replace the LED's, ensure that the right Voltage ones are put in.
while this is a good point. It is not of concern as this type and size of LED bulb is not available in high voltage options.
Thank you for the input.

·
Registered
'22 Santa Fe Calligraphy, 2.5T HTRAC • Hampton Gray / Black
47 Posts
I believe the comment was specific to the reverse lights, which are incandescent regardless of model:
OMG, I keep mixing the 2 up. Did the same thing yesterday.

Well, I eagerly await the guide to do this then. Sorry for the confusion on my part.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I believe the comment was specific to the reverse lights, which are incandescent regardless of model:

View attachment 469944
Correct.
Just posted the How to license plate light conversion

·
Registered
'22 SF SEL AWD Stormy Sea Convenience and Premium Packages
19 Posts
Glad you are finding it useful.

The bulb size is 36mm.

Robz32, I appreciate you taking the time and effort to do these posts for the rest of us.

Just one clarification....Your "PURCHASE HERE" link to the bulb brings up a 41mm bulb, yet you replied stating 36mm is the correct size. 36mm is indeed correct?

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Fe PHEV Limited Portofino Gray/Black
36 Posts
I bought the AGLINT C5W LED Bulb 31mm 36mm Festoon bulbs from Amazon. The 36mm fits the Santa Fe. I needed a 31 mm for my other car's interior light and this set worked out for me.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Robz32, I appreciate you taking the time and effort to do these posts for the rest of us.

Just one clarification....Your "PURCHASE HERE" link to the bulb brings up a 41mm bulb, yet you replied stating 36mm is the correct size. 36mm is indeed correct?
You're welcome!...thanks for the heads up on the link. Not sure why is doing that. I will double check it.

And yes....36MM is the CORRECT bulb size.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts