Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
So sometimes when I am driving, when my fan is on the first or second power level, I hear a small rattling noise coming from my vents. Now, I am able to clear this noise by cranking up the fan to full power for a few seconds.

But then it comes back.

I'm guessing my fans have never been cleaned before and there's probably a leaf or something stuck somewhere.

How can I access the main fan that delivers to all of my vents?

Thanks!

·
Registered
414 Posts
As you suspect, likely a leaf in the blower. Sorry, can't help more, but google something like 'blower location for 2015 Santa fe' or whatever you have. Should be YouTube video.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
HVAC fan is behind glove box,, remove fan motor from under glovebox,, tylically 3 screw hold it in place, beside the electric connect to power fan... does not require degree in auto technology to remove..

Gerbil eat through HVAC filter to allow something to pass into fan cage ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had this exact same issue on my 2013. I would manually turn up the fan speed or turn off the hvac and open the window. After driving like this for about a year, I finally replaced the HVAC blower.

When I took the HVAC blower out, I spun the squirrel cage blower and i could hear and feel a slight rasp in the bearing. It was definitely the bearing. The replacement OEM blower was $80 on amazon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts