Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My windshield washer tank is leaking, does anybody have instructions on how I can fix it myself? Does the phone bumper have to come off, or is there a simple way to remove/replace it?

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
Repeat after me ... I need an account at www.hmaservice.com, www.hmaservice.com, www.hmaservice.com ! Can't beat it as a resource for Hyundai repair.

1. Disconnect the negative (-) battery terminal.
2. Remove the front bumper cover. (Refer to Body group - Front bumper)
3. Remove the washer hose (A) and the washer motor connector .
4. Disconnect the washer fluid level sensor switch connector (A).
5. Remove the washer reservoir after removing 3 bolts.

Attachments

·
Registered
947 Posts
Yep, the front fascia has to come off. It's really easy. Just follow around the perimeter and remove the plastic push pins and there is a screw in each wheel well area. Here's pics of mine. I had the fascia off to install some gutter guard bug/stone screen behind the grille. You can see the easy access to the washer fluid tank.

Joel

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
QUOTE (BimmerDom @ Nov 15 2010, 01:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=371898
Perfect! Seriously - once the warranty is up, or if you have ideas for mods that you'd like to manage yourself, knowing what pieces come off with which screws and clips and in which order makes a world of difference. They also have full schematics for things that can make wire tracing easy as opposed to a major chore. Well worth the time to log in and grab a copy of their (obsolete, but workable) picture viewer that gives you access to all of the goods.

You'll also find TSBs there, a full list of their OBDII codes with troubleshooting tips and piles of other good stuff that you'd never find in a 3rd party shop manual -- if you could find one. I pin the scarcity of Hyundai manuals for some models on the fact that Hyundai does such a decent job of providing all you'd get and then some in their online system.

You already got a pretty fair description of the bumper cover removal above, but if you're unsure as to which clips you're looking for, you'll find all of that on the hmaservice site as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Repeat after me ... I need an account at www.hmaservice.com, www.hmaservice.com, www.hmaservice.com ! Can't beat it as a resource for Hyundai repair.
I would seriously LOVE to sign up, but the page is so badly coded that it won't let me.

Besides the fact that the required agreement window (even if I ctrl+click) won't open, I can actually find the page manually, as can most people.

https://www.hyundaitechinfo.com/privacy_Policy.html

A three-year-old could code that better.

Oh and I'm not mad at you, just whomever runs that site. I could seriously use it, but oh well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts