Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats going on people? i'm new to the forums, just purchased a 2011 sonata limited...i got some 20s from my previous vehicle and i would like to use them on the sonata but they're the wrong lug pattern...the 2 questions i have are
1. Is it a good idea to go with wheel adapters or to just buy new wheels?
2. Whats a good thickness of a wheel adapter where my lug nuts wouldnt be stick past the adapter?

Any helpful answers would be greatly appreciated :grin:

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I personally wouldn't use adapters. I don't like the idea of adding another fastener and more nuts to keep the wheel attached.

·
Registered
268 Posts
You don't get a spacer so thick it covers your lugs, you don't even use those to hold the spacer in place. You will replace the bolt and use a lug that looks different than a standard.one. It is not the best option but if you check the fitment with the added offset, and get a quality hubcentric spacer it would be okay.

·
Registered
67 Posts
To get spacers that convert the lug pattern you're looking at about 1" or 25mm. If you go that route, make sure they're hub centric. I think hyundais center bore is 67.1

I would try and sell them and buy new wheels. It's gonna put some extra wear on your wheel bearings. They may still last a long time, but there is no telling.

·
Registered
159 Posts
You will not be able to use adaptors, so the wheels you have will not work. Adaptors are usually 1 1/4" thick. This will change the offset due to the adaptor being atleast 30mm. So if your wheel is 35mm, take away 30mm minimum for the adaptor, and now you are at 5mm or less. Will not work for this vehicle, unless you want the wheels sticking out from the fender over 1". What you could do is have the wheels inserted to 5x114.3, but it depends on the wheel, if it is open lug or has a center cap, the bolt pattern on it now, etc. If it were just spacers needed, they are no problem. Mercedes used them with Lowenhart wheels all the time, so it would be no problem if it were only spacers needed. As long as you get 6 turns after torque on the lugs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts