Hyundai Forums banner

How Old Is Your Hyundai?

3K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  chrisvm31 
#1 ·
How old is your Hyundai? How many miles it has on it? Any engine reconditioning?

#2 ·
I have 2.
04 Elantra GT, TW Blue, 120K miles, 5spd, dropped with H&R springs and KYB GR2 Tibby struts, ported and polished IM, CAI, 16" Slipstreams, drilled rotors, SS lines, 10lbs flywheel, slave mod, 2.25" custom catback to SS Magnaflow muffler, poly rear engine mount, underdrive pulley set, TWM shortshifter/bushings, 19mm tibby sway bar, front and rear strut bars, oil catch can... + more (i tried a few other things, but they were just obnoxiously loud, made the car feel like it was going to blow up, etc).
All in all, I love my XD2, but it's showing it's age, and it has alot of dings from inconsiderate fools :(

09 Sonata GL, Bur Red, 50K km, auto. No mods (until I can convince the wife... lol).
I love this car. I got it used but ni good condition. The only thing is that the alarm does not seem to arm properly (no beep).

#4 ·
I'm the original owner of my '04 Santa Fe 2.7 4WD and it has been in my possession since the odometer showed 26 miles.

Currently I'm at 137,800 miles and have had 2 timing belt jobs with NO issues. The clearcoat is starting to peel off the driver's side plastic but other than that, the car still looks brand new.

#6 ·
I have a 2005 Tuscon with just over 100K miles. I am just now running into a couple of mechanical/electronics issues, and noticed some paint chips I have to fix.

My wife drives a 2000 Elantra station wagon with 90K miles. It is showing its age, but remains a reliable second car for the household. We plan to retire it later this year, most likely with another Tuscon, but we're also going to check out cousin Kia.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.