Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Canada Ontario, I'm at 4000km the manual says to change the oil every 6000km would every 8000km be fine?, how often are you guys changing your oil? I'm also leasing my Tucson.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Although the manual said every 6000km but I will go for every 5000km. I am from old school and I know it won't hurt if changing oil more often. I am live in Canada as well but I am in BC.

·
Registered
316 Posts
QUOTE (anthonylacaria @ Sep 6 2010, 09:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=354705
I live in Canada Ontario, I'm at 4000km the manual says to change the oil every 6000km would every 8000km be fine?, how often are you guys changing your oil? I'm also leasing my Tucson.

I dumped mine at ~ 3500 miles; put in new Mobil 1 and a Mobil 1 filter: took < 20 mins and, easy DIY.

I will probably get it done/or DIY again at ~7500 miles, per the manual, so no one can disallow
any warranty claim, for lack of following their recommendations. I also have no clue what
oil brand/type came in the car originally, as I have found nothing on the Net that suggests
what original fill is.

Your's is leased; I think I would do the min req'd, per manual.
GL, mD

·
Registered
25 Posts
QUOTE (jsinton @ Sep 7 2010, 02:06 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=354759
Better follow owners manual specifications. Especially since it's a lease.
That would be the best answer and please remember that the grade of oil to use, is of very significant importance.

Changing oil more often than presribed does no harm to the car......but not to the environment! ( & your wallet )

·
Registered
24 Posts
QUOTE (motordavid @ Sep 7 2010, 02:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=354847
I dumped mine at ~ 3500 miles; put in new Mobil 1 and a Mobil 1 filter: took < 20 mins and, easy DIY.

I will probably get it done/or DIY again at ~7500 miles, per the manual, so no one can disallow
any warranty claim, for lack of following their recommendations. I also have no clue what
oil brand/type came in the car originally, as I have found nothing on the Net that suggests
what original fill is.

Your's is leased; I think I would do the min req'd, per manual.
GL, mD
The manual says to use Quaker State. I used Quaker state full synthetic as I usually use Mobil 1 FS for all my cars. I used a purolator pure one filter also. I would think if you Canada people are in severe cold I would change it more rather than less, and follow the severe weather guidelines, increasing time and mileage if using synthetic. But even with synthetic you shouldn't exceed the owners manual guidelines.

Also did anyone else think it was really messy changing the Tuck's oil? lol I did.

·
Registered
316 Posts
QUOTE (fenrizwolf @ Oct 4 2010, 05:29 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=360820
The manual says to use Quaker State. I used Quaker state full synthetic as I usually use Mobil 1 ...Also did anyone else think it was really messy changing the Tuck's oil? lol I did.
Quaker simply coughed up some dough for that blurb in the manual, and/or a low ball price on bulk drums for factory fill...
Q is good oil, as in any quality brand name syn is "good", imo.

But, I use M1 in all 3 cars, (and even 2 of my Harleys), so I stuck with that for the Tuck.

I thought the first DIY oil/filter change on the Tuck was cake, esp compared to my X5 or Vette.
GL, mD

1 - 7 of 7 Posts